Is this a good deal from Sadoun?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why is it when a birthday rolls around, people seem to get they can get what they are told they cannot have? The dish you have in the front yard already is the largest one you are going to get. If you can figure out how to get it in the back yard, maybe you can have a bigger one.

Happy Birthday Dear! I love you. @party

PS his birthday is not today, it is on the 30th. :)

Hey that's our anniversary here. Happy upcoming birthday to Scott. And yes Birthday's are the excuse season for sure, unfortunatly it never seems to work for me.

oh puh-leeze......arent you the same troll who ruined a perfectly good dish and then had the guts to show the picture? You should have been banned for that. Oh wait there Timmy...I DID ban you and you kept coming back and kept getting banned. Gee I guess I took a chance this time thinking you "wised up" but I guess I was wrong. You're still a troll who thinks in your little head you know everything :rolleyes:

So I guess you are an expert now?

lets see here, you dont need a $79 g-box when a $30 dollar receiver off ebay will steer the bud, and get you analog
why use 2 receivers when one can work just fine

the dish itself can be had for $179 at cyberestore.com or you can get one for FREE most of the time, and a 6 foot dish is useless for the serious fta'er
really? I've got two of them so I guess I'm not the serious FTA'er huh? As noted above there is a wife factor and I highly doubt there are just dishes laying unused in the big cities

you can do more with a $80 coolsat 600 fta receiver then that fortec pos
I have a Fortec Merc II and it works great. Dont know why you are bashing a product. Have you used it or did you read on some other site that its junk because it has "no support"?

a chappral co-rotor can be had for less then $50 i would not trust a intergrated c/ku lnb and put some good norsat made in USA lnbs on there not that junk made in CHINA geosat garbage

You're really pushing my limit here Timmy. I have 7 (SEVEN) GeoSatPro units. 6 duals and the C/K1 along with a 741 and a bandstacked LNB and they all work great. Gee how ya gonna control the polarity on that Norsat unit when most receivers dont have polarity options....guess ya forgot about that huh?

diseq switch is about $5 off ebay

acuator is about $40 off ebay

12 foot RCA cable and 50 foot of rg-6 is about $15 at any store ($50 value)??

so if you take your time and look on ebay and freecycle, you can have a serious sytem for about $250
ever thought about shipping? guess ya forgot about that too?

i would not mess with a 6 footer
you seriously have no friggin clue do you Timmy? I guess you're the expert here now. Gee wasnt it you who opened like 100 threads (of which I had to combine them) about "is this dish good?" after you friggin ruined a perfectly good working dish?
Now that you figured out how to keep the topic in the same thread (finally) you still need everyones help on how to get yours working (which you still havent got) and then you have the brains :rolleyes: to tell Scott (the owner) what he should get?
Do you have an issue with Sadoun or something? I've worked with them for a few years and they have been top notch every time I ordered from them whether it was connectors, a LNB, the 6 foot dishes, the T90 dish etc.

I have 2 of the 6 foot dishes and other than a couple channels (that I could care less about) I get everything up there and loving it :)

I diisagree heavily here... I replaced my norsat with a Geosat Pro C2 and gained quite a few more bars on the quality meter and I don't have to be concerned about what polarity I am on or a polarotar going out. Also it is not not nice to "dis" the gold sponsors. Geosat Pro C2 has my vote for a good quality LNBF.

agreed 100% not the brightest move to dis the sponsers. They help make this possible

Of my four (seven?) receivers, I have two alike.
Two which are my favorite... and I can't run them in the same room. :(
I'd kill for a selectable IR address, but you don't much find that in FTA boxes.

me too. I love my Coolsat 5000 but cant have both in the main room as the remotes clash. A selectable remote address (even 2 or 3 options) would be better :)

lets see here, you dont need a $79 g-box when a $30 dollar receiver off ebay will steer the bud, and get you analog

the dish itself can be had for $179 at cyberestore.com or you can get one for FREE most of the time, and a 6 foot dish is useless for the serious fta'er

you can do more with a $80 coolsat 600 fta receiver then that fortec pos

a chappral co-rotor can be had for less then $50 and put some good norsat made in USA

acuator is about $40 off ebay

12 foot RCA cable and 50 foot of rg-6 is about $15 at any store ($50 value)??

so if you take your time and look on ebay and freecycle, you can have a serious sytem for about $250

that 3rd grade math really came into play there huh? I do the math above I get almost 400 bucks (and you still havent added in the LNB...you just said corotor) and you have to get stuff from multiple sources, pay multiple shipping, if you have issues who knows what kind of service you will get from them or even if its new.

Buy it all from Sadoun you know you'll get good service, a fair price, and you help out our SPONSERS here...

it was not a perfectly good dish it had hail dents all over it, several large holes, bent lnb arms, etc

The dish i have now obtains a signal about 30 to 40 units above the old one

for pete's sake i only paid 7 dollars and fifty cents for it i dont know why anyone would become attached to that thing

i am not specificaly bashing satellite av's products. I just never had any luck with eletronics made in china, i have been through 3 hdtv's, several radio, 2 digital camera's because they would not hold up to thier made in usa counterparts

i have replaced several blown caps on power supplies due to them being made from a bad batch that were made in china, caps never went out until they started being made there

they have absoutley no quailtiy control standards out there they can make a 20 watt lightbulb and say its a 100 watts

very little of them test their products before they sent them

if sadoun and satellite av make good products, congrats to them, they probaly took thier time to find a quality factory with iso 14001 standards

i have done my best to treat everyone on this froum with respect and kindness, sometimes people think the internet is a cloak and they can utter whatever they want

no one else has mentioned anything about me they have done thier part to help me and i have done mine to help them

" i have been through 3 hdtv's, several radio, 2 digital camera's because they would not hold up to thier made in usa counterparts"

With all due respect - I don't think there are any US made TV sets of any sort (SD or HD) anymore. AFAIK Zenith was the last and that label is now off shore as well.
I wouldn't bet on digital camera or radios either.

Regards, Eric

Ahhh... now it is clicking. Same guy that had 500 miles of cable jumping from the old lawnmower, to the 1970 station wagon across the grill, to the around the edge of the swimming pool for the frogs, up the side of the old outhouse, strung across the clothesline from pole to pole, jump over to the neighbors house, run along his eave, then strung through the trees, down his OTA antenna, and into the house?

With all due respect - I don't think there are any US made TV sets of any sort (SD or HD) anymore. AFAIK Zenith was the last and that label is now off shore as well.

Regards, Eric

agreed :)

Ahhh... now it is clicking. Same guy that had 500 miles of cable jumping from the old lawnmower, to the 1970 station wagon across the grill, to the around the edge of the swimming pool for the frogs, up the side of the old outhouse, strung across the clothesline from pole to pole, jump over to the neighbors house, run along his eave, then strung through the trees, down his OTA antenna, and into the house?

yep. Because it was "easier"

yeah it was easier otherwise i would have had to dig through 1 foot of gravel on top of hard caly to run a pipe.

my digital camera is made in malaysia

and my rca 27" SDTV thats right digital tuner TV, is made in canada

" i have been through 3 hdtv's, several radio, 2 digital camera's because they would not hold up to thier made in usa counterparts"

Regards, Eric
Vizio is American made in California. I've never had any problems with it. I'm not arguing with you, just wanted to let you know.

yeah it was easier otherwise i would have had to dig through 1 foot of gravel on top of hard caly to run a pipe.

my digital camera is made in malaysia

and my rca 27" SDTV thats right digital tuner TV, is made in canada
Maybe it's just me, but why would you have all those satellites and still watch tv on a 27" SDTV? Did your black and white Zenith console finally die?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)