Is this a good deal from Sadoun?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Vizio is American made in California. I've never had any problems with it. I'm not arguing with you, just wanted to let you know.

thats odd, the one i bought said made in china, maybe the older one were??

i have not seen a sub 500 dollar 32" tv that has a clear of picture on sd like on old crt

here is an article on vizio

Vizio is headquartered in Irvine, California. Their executives, engineering team, service techs and replacement parts warehouse is located here in the US. Their TVs are made by a Taiwanese company. This third part manufacturing company procures the lowest cost parts for each batch of TVs. They do not necessarily use the same parts from one batch of TV to the next. Because of this parts sourcing nightmare, Vizio only warehouses parts in California, not in the major US cities like other tier 1 TV manufacturers. For this reason, parts can take awhile to procure from Vizio for any service not performed in California.

thats odd, the one i bought said made in china, maybe the older one were??

i have not seen a sub 500 dollar 32" tv that has a clear of picture on sd like on old crt

here is an article on vizio

Vizio is headquartered in Irvine, California. Their executives, engineering team, service techs and replacement parts warehouse is located here in the US. Their TVs are made by a Taiwanese company. This third part manufacturing company procures the lowest cost parts for each batch of TVs. They do not necessarily use the same parts from one batch of TV to the next. Because of this parts sourcing nightmare, Vizio only warehouses parts in California, not in the major US cities like other tier 1 TV manufacturers. For this reason, parts can take awhile to procure from Vizio for any service not performed in California.
If you're going to change a review, at least you could do is use proper grammar and punctuation. You might want to check Vizio.com for the real truth!

...And I read somewhere that if a Vizio TV is out of warranty it will not be repaired. Basically a throw-away HDTV! :eek: I'll try and find the story.... found updated story:Disposable HDTVs-Vizio Responds HDGURU.Com
hdguru is a moron-trust me. There are hundreds of positive feedback from customers whose tv was out of warranty and Vizio replaced it for free anyways. Plus, an extended warranty is not that much. Hdguru can't even spell Vizio, he thinks it's Visio. He's probably never owned one. And, that article is nearly 2 years old. A lot can and does change in 2 years.

Last edited:
it was not a perfectly good dish it had hail dents all over it, several large holes, bent lnb arms, etc

The dish i have now obtains a signal about 30 to 40 units above the old one
"Units"? How do these mystical "units" apply in the real world? Units of what? I could state that upgrading my LNB gained me at least 5.7 GigaUnits and it would mean as much to me as what you've written.........we require actual numbers before and after........Signal Quality is a good thing to reference!
for pete's sake i only paid 7 dollars and fifty cents for it i dont know why anyone would become attached to that thing

Ummm.......because it was a working satellite dish that was able to obtain a signal.......and at the time you destroyed it you had nothing to replace it.

i am not specificaly bashing satellite av's products. I just never had any luck with eletronics made in china, i have been through 3 hdtv's, several radio, 2 digital camera's because they would not hold up to thier made in usa counterparts

As already noted there are NO US made counterparts.

i have replaced several blown caps on power supplies due to them being made from a bad batch that were made in china, caps never went out until they started being made there

Caps DID in fact "go out" long before they were "all made in China". I'm sure a guy with all your years of experience in electronics repair would be well aware of that! The reason they go out has more to do with manufacturers trying to save a few bucks and use a capacitor with a lower voltage rating.

they have absoutley no quailtiy control standards out there they can make a 20 watt lightbulb and say its a 100 watts

Hmmm, is that a fact?

very little of them test their products before they sent them

Also a fact? Got some proof?

if sadoun and satellite av make good products, congrats to them, they probaly took thier time to find a quality factory with iso 14001 standards

No kidding.......but without first had knowledge you should not be commenting!

i have done my best to treat everyone on this froum with respect and kindness, sometimes people think the internet is a cloak and they can utter whatever they want

I've never seen you be rude but the fact that you ask a question one week apparently knowing nothing about the given topic, then come back the next week and act as though you are a seasoned expert shows absolutely no respect to those who unselfishly gave you the benefit of their knowledge.
I've been doing this as a hobby for 17 years and I STILL have a LOT to learn! I NEVER assume to know more than anyone here!.........except maybe you.

no one else has mentioned anything about me they have done thier part to help me and i have done mine to help them

I'm mentioning something!

If you read between the lines.............or simply read every reply to your posts, you'd realize that a lot of others have too!

Oh, and your spelling and grammar are embarrassing!

hdguru is a moron-trust me. There are hundreds of positive feedback from customers whose tv was out of warranty and Vizio replaced it for free anyways. Plus, an extended warranty is not that much. Hdguru can't even spell Vizio, he thinks it's Visio. He's probably never owned one. And, that article is nearly 2 years old. A lot can and does change in 2 years.
LOL...thanks for the info. It did seem kind of odd to me that any TV manufacturer would be that way. :)

the current dish has 30 to 40 signal units higher on a drake receiver

i dont have the ariza 700 yet so it will be a while till i find out the real numbers

I've been doing this as a hobby for 17 years and I STILL have a LOT to learn! I NEVER assume to know more than anyone here!.........except maybe you.

I'm mentioning something!
If you read between the lines.............or simply read every reply to your posts, you'd realize that a lot of others have too!
Good point Inno!
I sure hope this whole thing FIZZLES out soon. I think every one of us has been FIZZLED to death the past few days! :eek:

In thinking about it.............perhaps slightly off topic.........although I think it's been coming for awhile.........

I'm thinking Iceberg has his head in a large bucket of iced water to cool off............

Ice - ya think maybe we could split off the Fizzle-bashing and Chinese TV stories into two other threads?
Each is fine in its own right, but the OP was asking about a motorized 6' Fortec Star dish.
Thanks.

edit: and feel free to leave my post here on the cutting room floor when you're done. :cool:

I'm thinking Iceberg has his head in a large bucket of iced water to cool off............

nah. its all good. Just needed to set the I guess not no noobie :rolleyes: straight about some products that have been tested by folks and verified :)

Ice - ya think maybe we could split off the Fizzle-bashing and Chinese TV stories into two other threads?
Each is fine in its own right, but the OP was asking about a motorized 6' Fortec Star dish.
Thanks.

the whole thread is a mix of posts so I'll just leave it as is. Scott can find the good info here ;)

looked like a good package
maybe if you check location of where the dish will be located
i can't remember how tall the house is and view from the back yard might be obscured, unless PG lets you install it a rooftop level :D

if it going to be in the back yard you might consider the 2.4 meter dish with Polar Mount

Wow I go to a Picnic, get sunburn on my bald spot and come home to this. :)

Some good news (maybe) currently we have lots of coax cables coming in from outside that come up and in our windows.

My wife said that if I clean that up so no more coax is coming in the windows then maybe I will get my wish.

So in my house on the second floor there is a crawl space which runs the length of the house. I mapped things out at the picnic and it looks like I can get rid of all the coax coming in the windows (and there is a lot of it) and that I only need to bring 4 to 5 coax cables in.

So I am planning on making a small hole in the outside wall from the crawl space and bringing those 4 or 5 wires in. What I am wondering is do they make some kind of cover that will shield the hole coming into the house. Something that is slanted like this
|\
| \
| \
| \
| \

I think something like that will make the install look neater and will make it easier to add cables in the future then just drilling holes for each coax in the wall and having the cable come in.

So far I found this but I am not sure now many wires I can fit through it. It also looks like this is made for the inside, and I need something that will work outside.

I found a spool of C/KU Ribbon Cable that someone PMed me about (thank you!) so I am good to go there. :)

Also for the actuator should I look at ordering a Boot Cover for this like this?

boot.jpg

This looks like it could be an exciting project. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)