is this included with free install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tomorrow morning is the big day. I'm nervous, especially because I think I am the first install :(

I have been doing this work for so long I just can't afford it anymore. But....does anyone have an actual specification Directv published that says exactly what they (DTV) want for their money?
So many levels of HSPs and subcontractors exist, each with a wish list. I would just like to see it....and no...it is never..NEVER!...contained in any subcontractor agreement.

Joe

Last edited:
So the guy just called to see exactly where I am...and uhh..well lets just say it was hard to understand him on the phone. Hopefully it is at least better in person.

It is a dumbass from Mastec...great. He wants to charge me $50/each for the 2 rooms with no hookups. All he is doing is drilling from the exterior right into the room. I called D* and I'm getting the $100 back on my account.

It is a dumbass from Mastec...great. He wants to charge me $50/each for the 2 rooms with no hookups. All he is doing is drilling from the exterior right into the room. I called D* and I'm getting the $100 back on my account.

Sounds "fishy" to me, since it isn't a wall fish and should be included as part of the free install as long as there is a receiver/dvr on the work order for that room.

Sounds "fishy" to me, since it isn't a wall fish and should be included as part of the free install as long as there is a receiver/dvr on the work order for that room.
Well, i regret calling him a dumbass. He was a great guy, and let me help him out. He ended up only charing me $49 for one room as the other room ended up having an outlet. D* said they would give me a credit on my bill.

Well, i regret calling him a dumbass. He was a great guy, and let me help him out. He ended up only charing me $49 for one room as the other room ended up having an outlet. D* said they would give me a credit on my bill.

Glad it worked out!

Unfortunately what they say isnt always what they do. Did you get the CSR's name? I sure hope so.

Geez thanks, that could've been me workin in your house.:eek:

if he installed a gangbox/wallplate its not fishy at all, infact theres 4 pages of posts as to why its not fishy. and its not uncommon for a csr to credit your bill for these charges either.

if he installed a gangbox/wallplate its not fishy at all, infact theres 4 pages of posts as to why its not fishy. and its not uncommon for a csr to credit your bill for these charges either.

Did you read the part where the op said the installer was drilling through the wall, which means to me no wall plate or gang box. Also, in the same post he said he was being credited $100 back.

Did you read the part where the op said the installer was drilling through the wall, which means to me no wall plate or gang box. Also, in the same post he said he was being credited $100 back.

so your saying its not possible to drill through a wall slide the cable through into the room, then cut a box around it, and install the box with plate over the hole you drilled? Cause thats what I do, but yes I do agree if this is not what was done, then there should not have been a charge.

You don't install these do you? It's standard to drill through the wall, use a wall bushing on the outside and put a wall plate inside. The wall plate is usually screwed into the drywall, as gang boxes are not provided to us, and are not standard.

You don't install these do you? It's standard to drill through the wall, use a wall bushing on the outside and put a wall plate inside. The wall plate is usually screwed into the drywall, as gang boxes are not provided to us, and are not standard.

I have installed several for my house and my friends. I always put a plate in, but it sure doesn't sound like that what happened in this case. According to Lkr, "All he is doing is drilling from the exterior right into the room". There is no mention of a wall plate. Lkr, did the tech install any wall plates?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)