Is this info correct about a new customer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was looking at the webpage and they have the HD DVR to RENT for $399.

Is that correct? $299 to rent? and a 24 month commitment.

If this is the case...Dish's deal is a lot better than I thought!! I could buy the MPEG 4 DVR for $499, not have a commitment, then sell it when I'm through with it.

By the way...does that machine have a UHF remote? Will my off-air locals have the info on the guide?

Thanks

miguelaqui said:

Thanks

No, it's not real, they put up that page just to make Dish Net customers come here and post. ;)

miguelaqui said:

If this is the case...Dish's deal is a lot better than I thought!! I could buy the MPEG 4 DVR for $499, not have a commitment, then sell it when I'm through with it.

By the way...does that machine have a UHF remote? Will my off-air locals have the info on the guide?

Thanks
No it does not have a UHF remote, and it does not have MPEG4 capabilities. Directv hasn't woken up yet that they are a year out of date with this product and leasing concept.:mad:

Thanks...I just wanted to make sure that I was correct.

I'm having a hard time understanding why so many people flock to DTV. There are about twice as many DTV dishes as there are Dish Network dishes in this area.

I just like to check, from time to time, to see if I could get a better deal.

Last edited:
miguelaqui said:
Thanks...I just wanted to make sure that I was correct.

I'm having a hard time understanding why so many people flock to DTV. There are about twice as many DTV dishes as there are Dish Network dishes.

I just like to check, from time to time, to see if I could get a better deal.

Let's see it I can answer your question.1st D* has NFL Prime Ticket their receivers
are more stable.D* only charges 1 month to start not 2 like E*.D*'s locals are cheaper $3 D* doesn't have alot of because we can fees like E*.D* Total Choice
package has several channels that E* has in their AT180 and with locals the price
of Total Choice is the same as AT120 with locals.Also come contract time customers know that D* won't play musical chairs with their channels.Their receivers have more features their D11 beats the DP311.D* has channels that Charlie won't add unless he can get them cheap.If you had to buy the D11 it's cheaper than the DP311.D* has promised bandwith capacity for 150 national channels and 1500 local channels in HD in 2007.D*also has free concerts and a larger selection on PPV.

Last edited:
Jhon69 said:
If you had to buy the D11 it's cheaper than the DP311.D*
Yes, but doesn't any new customer even if they buy the equipment upfront, have a 12 month commitment?

miguelaqui said:
Yes, but doesn't any new customer even if they buy the equipment upfront, have a 12 month commitment?

Yes and normally it's still a lease so if you can go under the new customer like I did
they installed the receiver and the triple LNB dish.If at anytime after 12 months if
I decide to cancel(I sincerely doubt it)but if I did Directv would want the receiver back but not the dish or the LNBs like DISH does.For a HD receiver or DVR it's 24
months.This is my 1st lease and to me I like it if the receiver takes a dump they replace it same with new technology they replace it.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)