OTHER Is this right?

fireball517

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
East TN
So I got my geosatpro 90cm the other day and got it mounted up to the sm3d12 I was given some time back and I'm sort of tracking the belt correctly, every now and then I have to move in the menu by .2 or so.

I have the pivot bolt mounted through the top hole on the motor. Now I noticed if I pulled the dish up slightly my quality would go from 60 to 85 or so but I cant lock it at that great level after retightning. When I let go I'm back in 60s.

The pole seems to be level as well and I'm wanting to think this falls on the way its mounted on the motor. Any ideas? If I leave the top bolts on the motor mount slightly loose than the bottom it helps some but not a ton. 20190423_111010.jpg 20190423_111022.jpg

Reactions: spongella
So I got my geosatpro 90cm the other day and got it mounted up to the sm3d12 I was given some time back and I'm sort of tracking the belt correctly, every now and then I have to move in the menu by .2 or so.

I have the pivot bolt mounted through the top hole on the motor. Now I noticed if I pulled the dish up slightly my quality would go from 60 to 85 or so but I cant lock it at that great level after retightning. When I let go I'm back in 60s.

The pole seems to be level as well and I'm wanting to think this falls on the way its mounted on the motor. Any ideas? If I leave the top bolts on the motor mount slightly loose than the bottom it helps some but not a ton. View attachment 138434 View attachment 138435
Unfortunately the task you set before yourself is not easy. And the poor quality of the motor makes it very difficult. I started my FTA hobby with a Ku motor and dish. I don't think I ever got it aimed to my complete satisfaction but I gave it a gallant try. ;) I finally moved away from Ku motors and I'm glad I did. But there are some things you can do to help. I worked over the motor bracket on an SG2100 to make it better.
Beefing up the SG2100 bracket

Well, I'd say something is definitely NOT right.
But just from your description, and not very detailed pictures of all the motor bolts and where the 'play' is, it's hard to say what is wrong, or what could be done.

greetz,
A33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts