Is this wireless connection possible with Hopper or Joey?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Has anyone attempted to run 2 tv's with a single Hopper or Joey?
I would like to install a Hopper with 3 Joey's in my home. I have a tv upstairs that is rarely used & was wondering if I could some how use one of the Joey's signal to view hd on it?

I have hooked a single hopper to a tv in the livingroom with hdmi and a tv in the bedroom with component. Both in hd and used the same remote for both because the tv were identical. Works great.
Wouldn't be so easy with joey though, they have one hd (hdmi), and one sd (composite). Problem with that is if you adjust the format to compensate for the sd picture then it changes the format for the hd set also but they will never both be correct at the same time. No problem with the hopper though because it has two hd outputs.

with the joey..........what about adding a hdmi splitter, with one output going to the tv & the other to the wireless transmitter.......would that work?

with the joey..........what about adding a hdmi splitter, with one output going to the tv & the other to the wireless transmitter.......would that work?
Yes, assuming it is within range. A splitter and run an HDMI cable is also an option (and probably cheaper).

With HDMI splitters, you want the two TVs to be of similar capabilities. If one is 720 and the other 1080, then you will probably be stuck with 720 output from the receiver for both TVs.

You don't need a splitter with the Actiontec MyWirelessTV because it has a pass thru. It works great. You can get them at best buy or less than half price on ebay. I split a hopper to a couple of TV's that way, all absolutely perfect 1080i/p.

I have a Joey in my kitchen. I would love to be able to have a tv on the patio, which is 6 ft behind the kitchen. Could I watch tv out there using a wireless connection?

What would I need to do this? I'm not to smart when it comes to this stuff lol...

mark4470 said:
I have a Joey in my kitchen. I would love to be able to have a tv on the patio, which is 6 ft behind the kitchen. Could I watch tv out there using a wireless connection?

What would I need to do this? I'm not to smart when it comes to this stuff lol...

Can I do this in my above post? Sorry to hijack this thread!

You don't need a splitter with the Actiontec MyWirelessTV because it has a pass thru. It works great. You can get them at best buy or less than half price on ebay. I split a hopper to a couple of TV's that way, all absolutely perfect 1080i/p.

no your talking...........this is what I wanted to know.

now for a final question................can you watch different stations on these tv's that you have split the hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)