Is update coming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I would like to know if anyone has any news on the new software update lease date now that some boxes has the new software.

jimmy,

I've been wondering the same thing.
The CSRs are claiming that they're in the process of downloading them now. However, nobody here seems to have gotten it. This is with the notable exception of those with new boxes.

I read on one of the post that the new software has the installation software that includes code that we don't need. So, its not as simple of just downloading the same copy.

Although I'm getting a bit ansy about getting the software for the channel scanning feature in time for the Olympics(NBC isn't mapped), I'm not sure that Voom getting it mostly right wouldn't be better.

JimP,

I am sorry to hear that you cannot map NBC. Although I am getting all my locals fine OTA. Did you hear that ABC is going to add a news channel today, which means less brandwidth for the regular channel. We don't need another news channel to suck bandwidth.

jimmykce1 said:
We don't need another news channel to suck bandwidth.

What?!?! Please say this is only in your area and you live in Bumblefart City, Guam.

Our PBS and NBC stations both did this.
The NBC put up a radar map on one of the subs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)