New channels coming soon?

I just talked to a CSR today because of some technical issues I was having. I asked him if he had a roll out date on the new channels. He said he didn't but he did confirm some the new channels previously listed like WGN.

He confirmed the DVR before July. He also said that some of the new channels were going to be in HD. I asked him if we were going to go up to 70 HD channels like the press release but he would not go up above 50.

Of course we need to add this with a grain of salt but we have some additional conformation of new HD channels soon and DVR this summer.

I was just checking the programming on VOOM and noticed programming for NBCDT on channel 321. It appears to be NBC. Have I missed the post saying they were adding that? I also noticed WVIT AND KNSD on the list but dont know where they are. They werent on the VOOM or VAVAVOOM list yet but were listed in the "whats on".

SatelliteGAL said:
I was just checking the programming on VOOM and noticed programming for NBCDT on channel 321. It appears to be NBC. Have I missed the post saying they were adding that? I also noticed WVIT AND KNSD on the list but dont know where they are. They werent on the VOOM or VAVAVOOM list yet but were listed in the "whats on".

Those NBC stations were added for the Olympics. While they remain in the Zap-2-It programming guide they are no longer available. :)

djjsin said:
Its funny how you talk about this like everyone in the country needs the National and Local HD channels, or no one will sign up, when I don't think thats the case. I myself am living in a suburb of Los Angeles, and have no problems getting OTA HD feeds for UPN, ABC, PBS, WB, NBC, FOX, CBS. Every show like 24, CSI, Law and Order, ER, I watch in HD without problems. I've never had to have a new antenna put on, i'm using the regular antenna that Voom give's originally. I really would hate to see alot of the bandwidth lost to duplicating those channels, before other needed channels become available. The amount of people in these big markets like i am, outnumber the amount of people living in area's that can't recieve OTA signals, and are sufficient for voom to become profitable. It to me sounds like you say it needs em to survive because YOU need to have a service with HD Nationals and Locals, and maybe the people around you in the same situation you are in, but not everyone in the country is in your situation. Hell majority of the population in this country lives in area's where OTA signals wouldn't be a problem.

I will say this not having my locals is VERY trying on me as he posted I miss ALOT of sports,nascar,etc etc due to it,it has not made me leave yet because I keep hoping they will add national feeds if not in 3 months or so then I will most likely go back to dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)