New Tier Coming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
riffjim4069 said:
Yep, that's how I read it. Maybe basic VOOM, RSNs and PPV will be placed on 61.5 and perhaps premium channels will be placed on 72. Maybe they will break out the programming packages to match what we have always seen on out monthly billing statement:

VOOM
Marquee HD
Cable Favorites
SPORTS
HBO Pluspack
SHOWTIME Unlimited Pluspack
Cinemax PlusPack
STARZ! PlusPack

I guess I see more programming options other than VOOM, VA VA VOOM and the PlusPacks. There is no telling what CableVision has in store for us, but it would certainly be nice if the hard-hitting Staff at SatelliteGuys were to provide answers to the hard questions:

1. Are you selling VOOM or what?
2. Now that Santa has departed...when is the DVR coming to town?
3. How much is that DVR in the window? (Ok, I'm not that funny...shoot me!)
4. Elliptical dish?
5. What new HD channels are under contract/under negotiation/coming in March?
6. What is the status of the new encoders?
7. Has VOOM finalized MPEG-4 plans?

Thanks for giving me a list to bring with me re: questions for Voom at CES.
:)

Lucky said:
I hope they keep Playboy-HD on Rainbow 1. That and Showtime are the only premiums I subscribe to. I would hate to have to get the new dish just for Playboy-HD. Showtime I could live without.

It's hard to operate one handed....I mean with one dish.

Voom will have to go to an elliptical dish to get signal from both birds. Also Voom should be moving any channels till everyone has a new elliptical dish. All is working fine now, so don't screw with channel moving now.

They should move the showtime and starz to the new bird. They are the ones on leased transponders, subject to blackout at any time?

rgarbonzo said:
They should move the showtime and starz to the new bird. They are the ones on leased transponders, subject to blackout at any time?

Yep.

If they muck with new tiers, I hope they leave the Marquee Pack as part of the Basic Package.

DarrellP said:
If they muck with new tiers, I hope they leave the Marquee Pack as part of the Basic Package.
Assuming they have the bandwidth, I would have no problem with their adding SD cable favorites on 61.5 along with the 21 VOOM HD Exclusives and RSNs...and adding an inexpensive base package ($39.99?) for those not interested in HD or who will be slowly making the transition. It's hard to see how V* could make money since they would have to cough up the hardware, but it would certainly allow then to get a foot-in-the-door while more families make the HD transition. They could then provide an elliptical dish for those wishing to subscribe/receive more HD programming.

It may not be a realistic business model, but VOOM has publicly stated they are going to experiment with marketing and programming packages. IMO, they are starting this stuff a year late; just hope they find the funds to keep the business alive another 2 years while this all plays out. We shall see:

POSSIBILITIES:

Budget Tier? (Cable Favorites, 21 Exclusives, local RSN) - 18 inch dish
VOOM (Plus Marquee) - 18 inch dish
Mid-level Tier? (VOOM plus 2 PlusPacks) - Elliptical dish
VA VA VOOM - Elliptical dish
PlusPacks (HBO, SHO, MAX, STARZ, RSN SPORTS, PlayBoy, etc.) - Elliptical dish
HD DVR Service - Elliptical dish

All I can tell you is they better not get to crazy with the pricing for all these tiers. Otherwise, they will lose more customers starting right here.

riffjim4069 said:
Assuming they have the bandwidth, I would have no problem with their adding SD cable favorites on 61.5 along with the 21 VOOM HD Exclusives and RSNs...and adding an inexpensive base package ($39.99?) for those not interested in HD
Or how about a $20 HD only package for those of not interested in SD programming? ;)

DarrellP said:
Or how about a $20 HD only package for those of not interested in SD programming? ;)

Hey, why not free. Think of all the customers they would have.

....and how long they'll last. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)