New Software Coming Or Not?

Couple of things, I would love an option to rent-to-own on the DVR, that would be fantastic, I don't understand bryan27 saying he could care less about a solution that allows you to record in HD multiple shows, I can't tell you how much stuff I miss daily.

Second, why doesn't Voom start installing Elliptical dishes NOW? If they wait for October then you are waiting too long, if you ask me, every service call the tech should have a stash of dishes and start swapping. I know some people already have it, (although we are talking about a handful of people). That way you don't have a traffic jam crisis in October.

Third, is the WM9 module just something I can remove the cover on the side and slide in? Damnit just mail it to me then and I'll do it. I know right know they are deciding which codec to use, but as soon as they figure out which one, mail the module to all users, with instructions, and a letter like:

"Included are instructions to install the new codec module yourself. If you cannot call Voom Tech Support they'd be happy to come out and install it."

End of story.

Third, is the WM9 module just something I can remove the cover on the side and slide in? Damnit just mail it to me then and I'll do it.
Sorry, Dvlos, you are an incompetent Joe 6 Pack consumer who doesn't have the technical know-how to plug a module into an stb. ;)

I've installed all of my sat installs for the past 7 years and helped the guy with my Voom install. I even had to activate my 2nd receiver on my own because they forgot to put it on the truck for my install.

I agree, they should loosen up with the self installs, it would save them a butt load of money. Let the consumer try it and if they screw it up, then schedule a service call. I tweaked my dish after my install and got 10 more points out of it. :yes

Maybe I will repost some of these ideas on the Yahoo newsgroups for Wilt to see, if half the people sucessfully install their own module, that's how much money Voom saves on tech calls?

yeah if we had to rely on install inc or whomever to upgrade all the stb, it may take 12 months to get everybody upgraded. By that time, it may be a moot point as D* will probably have another satellite in the sky.

barth2k said:
yeah if we had to rely on install inc or whomever to upgrade all the stb, it may take 12 months to get everybody upgraded. By that time, it may be a moot point as D* will probably have another satellite in the sky.
D* just launched 7s and I believe 2 more launches are planned next year so try almost 3 satellites not one. LMAO

It seems absurd that they would require sending someone out to plug a PCMCIA card into the STB. When I was with Dish Network, I got the 8VSB model for off-air reception, and then later got the QPSK module, and didn't have any problem plugging either of those cards in.

Has anyone downloaded the new software yet? I was just wondering if to be on the lookout for it since it has been really quiet on the subject :)

I think they're trying to lull us into a state of despair then spring a surprise on us :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)