Unofficially: More News Coming this week

Thanks, Vicki, for your response. I've read all the news releases as well and while there was mention of funding ending at the end of Jan. in the same sentence it sounded like Charles may have gotten the board to extend funding for ?. Didn't have a ready reference but thought vurbano might have. Will take Lobstah's suggestion and check out the WSJ article.

Still watching HDTV in very foggy Seattle, Gill

Hey Vicki - you should have no problems getting the Sacto locals in Rocklin, unless you're down in a hole or behind a ridge line. I know lots of folks in Rocklin that get the locals without much of an antenna. Just get the installer to give you something other than a coat hanger for an antenna.

I'm up in Auburn and get Sacto all the time and San Fran about 50% - 75% of the time.

Good luck,

Doug

Thanks, Doug. :) If VOOM is still sending a signal on 2/1/05, I'll be giving it another try, but the problem when I was a subscriber from May to October last year was that I got VOOM approval for an upgraded antenna, but the installers that came out never had the approved antenna. The first time this happened, I let them try the antenna they brought, but it got NO reception, and the jerk cost me $150 for my tile roof repairs, even though he assured me he knew how to walk on tile roofs! :mad: :mad: I don't live in a hole, but there are some hills nearby and lots of mature trees. With the original antenna VOOM installed, I could get my locals sometimes, but not always, and there was a great deal of sound and picture dropout.

Let's hope that I get the opportunity to have another go at it!!! I'm keeping the faith! ;) :D Vicki

Sean,

It has been a couple of days since you posted this rumor that there will be some news this week on VOOM. Is this what you are still hearing ? Is there still going to be news this week ?

Lucky said:
Sean,

It has been a couple of days since you posted this rumor that there will be some news this week on VOOM. Is this what you are still hearing ? Is there still going to be news this week ?

This is why I posted it as a rumor - nothing written in stone. If it happens it happens, if it does not, it was a good guess.

Anyway, I was told yesterday that things have calmed down (whatever that means). No more details. Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

Lucky said:
Sean,

Lucky, as I remember from the beginning of the thread Sean stated there was a rumor that a rumor was going to be leaked by the end of the week. Please keep in mind like most "Voomer Rumors" require a 2 week maturation period. We would not want any preemie Voomer Rumors running around here on the forum. I believe we have 1 week to go! :D

Indy said:
Lucky, as I remember from the beginning of the thread Sean stated there was a rumor that a rumor was going to be leaked by the end of the week. Please keep in mind like most "Voomer Rumors" require a 2 week maturation period. We would not want any preemie Voomer Rumors running around here on the forum. I believe we have 1 week to go! :D
One week from WHEN??????? :D

bryansr said:
One week from WHEN??????? :D

The one nice thing about a "Voomer Rumor" is you don't have to pin anything down. At least that is the rumor I heard! :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)