Ellipitcal Dishes Coming Soon??

There are two sizes a 60cm dish and a 75cm, This dish is mage by channel master same as the bottom directv. I don't believe they could use a round dish like a dish 500 because of the distance between rainbow 1 & 2.

Attachments

• eb_1.JPG
    eb_1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 6f_1.JPG
    6f_1.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 155
I can tell you that VOOM has no idea about these dishs yet. But I did ask a question but it never got answered. Are these going to come free of charge? And will VOOM contact us when they are ready to install them?

Hmmm I wonder if these new Toroidal dishes would work?
They say they are supposed da bomb for multi bird reception
CPIC_TN.gif

CPIC_Netherlands.gif

Not jumping on Voom here, but they should get it started soon based on the Superdish upgrade F*-ups that E* went thru, they waited to the last minute, would not upgrade old subs for a while, only new, sent installers the wrong size Dish based on where they lived, a lot of installers cound not figure the superdish out at first, did not find out that all areas of the US could see the Bird because of low power, etc ,etc , I just think they (E*) did not plan well, so hopefully Voom gets started soon because they need to work in upgrading everyone along with new subs plus installs,inc has to work all those in with the sub-contractors that does the installs and remember they also do D* and E* installs, thats a lot of work to be booked.

IMO based on the promotions, I think new customers will get elliptical dishes much easier, cheaper, and sooner than existing customers. Even when it comes out there will still be issues.

grendyl said:
IMO based on the promotions, I think new customers will get elliptical dishes much easier, cheaper, and sooner than existing customers. Even when it comes out there will still be issues.

Yeah, if they withhold programming from us existing customers because we can't get the dish they will be sure to lose many of us starting here. Why should we be penalized for signing up early. Once they start putting more programming on the new satellite they better give us the new dish, or, I for one, will cancel.

My thoughts exactly, Lucky, we have been through Hell with Voom testing their upgrades and flakey stb's and low horizon satellite, we should be their numero uno priority for dish/PVR upgrades.

But you know what will happen? It's like when you are at a store and the GOD DAMNED PHONE RINGS! Guess what? You are already in the store and they figure you will wait while they con the person on the phone into coming down to buy their product. Why would Voom operate any differently? They feel they already have us by the nuts and want to attract new subs as quickly as possible. Maybe if there is a mass exodus due to this practice, they will re-think their strategy.

What they may or may not do, it's all speculation on our part right now. I remember when they replaced all the stbs for all current subscribers. That happened simultaneously as they were offering the new stbs to new customers. So no need to panic. When it happens, nobody is going to be left out and I am sure it will be done within a considerable time so that everyone gets it in time. I know this is just my opinion but I am going with what they did the last time with the stbs.

Oh My GOD! What happened to this page? It looks great, it just freaked me out when I loaded it.

Anyway, I wish Voom would allow some self installs on these replacement units, it would sure save them a wad of money and save us a bunch of headaches on missed appt's, etc.

BTW, this page is not working well in my browser, it's very slow to page up and down, anyone else notice this?

I do not want to feel deprived just because I was an early adopter. I just want access to all VOOM programming. I would feel very left out and angry if they starting putting on new channels for new customers only. I want my elliptical dish when they start swapping out dishes.

Don't worry about them ignoring old customers, especially charter members. They REALLY don't want to lose the folks that got them to their present level. Nevertheless, they DO need to concentrate on new customers at least to the same level as existing ones or they aren't going to get out of the red.

Respectfully,

subscribers

It is amazing to see people in the stores buying hd equipment. Most have done no homework. It is very rare to come across someone that knows of voom.

New Dish?

:rolleyes: New dish must be true got this from Voom I asked about the times of the shows as I am on PST time zone and alot of the channels are EST time zone like "Spike" and "E" my bertter half likes.

Response (Scottie T.) - 12/14/2004 04:12 PM Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Since we currently have only one satellite, time shifting of programming is an issue. When our second satellite is active, we will have the capability to do as you have requested, and shift them to your time. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition Programming!

Joseph G.
VOOM Email Support

Response (Scottie T.) - 12/14/2004 04:12 PM Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Since we currently have only one satellite, time shifting of programming is an issue. When our second satellite is active, we will have the capability to do as you have requested, and shift them to your time. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition Programming!

Joseph G.
VOOM Email Support

I sure hope that this DOESN'T mean that the over 70 channels of HD that they have promised us are just DUAL FEEDS of all of the channels. They could go from 39 channels to 78 channels just by sending an East Coast and a West Coast feed of every channel. Please don't let it be so. I would rather get the East Coast feed of everything and do my own time shifting with the DVR.

I like getting East Coast feeds, that way I can see all the good stuff early in the evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts