VOOM PVR/DVR Release Soon... Echostar/Rainbow information coming soon as well (???)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I left Voom in the first place, the endless delays and empty promises. Apparently things haven't changed. I'm enjoying my HD DVR at D* immensely.

They should lock this thread or change the title.

Voom is sucking.

It's up to the person who started this thread...
I'll add the question marks though.

I would credit 1080i for one of the things he mentioned in his 1st post of this thread: we're now seeing the "agresive marketing campaign"

End This Madness

This is me waving the white flag. !protest
Spoke to a CSR today and when I mentioned I heard the DVR was coming out this month he couldn't help but to chuckle. He said they never announced a specific month and that Voom is still a few months away from an announcement. Not a release just an announcement. :no
So I get it, no DVR. Maybe next summer but not anytime soon.

How about we all agree to stop posting here so that this thing will die and sink to the depths of thread purgatory. I get happy every time I see someone new posted thinking it's some new info about the DVR.

Not gonna happen, if you need a DVR it's Replay TV. Here is the thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11828&highlight=voom+replay+tv

dnyce said:
This is me waving the white flag. !protest
Spoke to a CSR today and when I mentioned I heard the DVR was coming out this month he couldn't help but to chuckle. He said they never announced a specific month and that Voom is still a few months away from an announcement. Not a release just an announcement. :no
So I get it, no DVR. Maybe next summer but not anytime soon.

How about we all agree to stop posting here so that this thing will die and sink to the depths of thread purgatory. I get happy every time I see someone new posted thinking it's some new info about the DVR.

Not gonna happen, if you need a DVR it's Replay TV. Here is the thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11828&highlight=voom+replay+tv

If in fact the time line the CSR quoted you is accurate, then back to Dish Network I go and purchase a 921. Just wish Dish had Rave so I would not miss out on the numerous Sound Stage programs.

Question:
Does VOOM offer an HD-DVR?

Answer
We are actively working on our HD-DVR and plan to make it available in 2005. With the introduction of the VOOM HD-DVR, you will be able to watch and record both standard definition and high definition programming sent through the VOOM satellite. The VOOM HD-DVR also has multiple tuners, allowing you to record two shows while you're watching a third!

Now I was thinking of giving Voom another try if they got a DVR, but if it does not record HD over OTA forget it,E* just reduced their 921 DVR(it does record OTA) to $549.00 and their next model is rumoured to be under $600.00,Smallville and Lost are on the same time in HD over OTA and I hate making a choice which one to watch in HD and the other in SD.

So it is either stay with E* and buy one or go to Comcast(yech) and rent one for $7.50 a month,I know V* has the most HD but we still watch the networks the most.

Walter L. said:
Never take a CSR word as accurate ;)

Agree.

But now that VOOM's own website is vaguely saying DVR in 2005 , can this misleading thread now closed? The (???) added at the end of the title do not appear until you actually go into the thread and read it since the title is so long.

If someone wants to open up a new thread on 1/1/2005 called "VOOM DVR This Year???" fine but let's give it a rest during the holidays.

bruce said:
Question:
Does VOOM offer an HD-DVR?

Answer
We are actively working on our HD-DVR and plan to make it available in 2005. With the introduction of the VOOM HD-DVR, you will be able to watch and record both standard definition and high definition programming sent through the VOOM satellite. The VOOM HD-DVR also has multiple tuners, allowing you to record two shows while you're watching a third!

Now I was thinking of giving Voom another try if they got a DVR, but if it does not record HD over OTA forget it,E* just reduced their 921 DVR(it does record OTA) to $549.00 and their next model is rumoured to be under $600.00,Smallville and Lost are on the same time in HD over OTA and I hate making a choice which one to watch in HD and the other in SD.

So it is either stay with E* and buy one or go to Comcast(yech) and rent one for $7.50 a month,I know V* has the most HD but we still watch the networks the most.

VOOM DVR has four Tuners 2 Satellites and 2 OTA and you may record from all four at anytime.

txcruiser said:
Agree.

But now that VOOM's own website is vaguely saying DVR in 2005 , can this misleading thread now closed? The (???) added at the end of the title do not appear until you actually go into the thread and read it since the title is so long.

If someone wants to open up a new thread on 1/1/2005 called "VOOM DVR This Year???" fine but let's give it a rest during the holidays.

Close? Why? Give it a rest. If you don't like it, ignore it. That's it.

Moderator, can we move this thread to the DVR section where it should be since it isn't legitimate news anyway?

And Voom better allow you to record OTA with this DVR! Or else everyone is going to be really upset.

Sean Mota said:
VOOM DVR has four Tuners 2 Satellites and 2 OTA and you may record from all four at anytime.

Then why from their own website say "you will be able to watch and record both standard definition and high definition programming sent through the VOOM satellite. The VOOM HD-DVR also has multiple tuners, allowing you
to record two shows while you're watching a third!"

From a consumer's point of view this says it all,if it does OTA it should say that.

bruce said:
Then why from their own website say "you will be able to watch and record both standard definition and high definition programming sent through the VOOM satellite. The VOOM HD-DVR also has multiple tuners, allowing you
to record two shows while you're watching a third!"

From a consumer's point of view this says it all,if it does OTA it should say that.

If you want to read more into it than what it says, you are welcome to it. I am just telling you what I have been told (not that I know everything and the information I received could be as well wrong). If there's no OTA recording, they might as well pack up the unit and never release it. Who is going to buy something that cannot record OTA -- that is foolish engineering specially when you have two OTA tuners that are already available in the unit.

You do not get what I am saying,from the typical consumer's point of view that would go to Voom,that is the answer, not info that we get here from you or anyone else here,it says on Voom's website"you will be able to watch and record both standard definition and high definition programming sent through the VOOM satellite."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)