VOOM PVR/DVR Release Soon... Echostar/Rainbow information coming soon as well (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, VOOM better say something soon.....anything. This is getting ridiculous. So many promises, so many rumors, not one peep of anything out of the company. My faith only runs so deep with VOOM.

WELL (the great news) IS HERE!
Great news to share...
I saved a bundle of $$$ on my car insurance... :)
Sorry, no PVR news to report.

HeavyC said:
Well, VOOM better say something soon.....anything. This is getting ridiculous. So many promises, so many rumors, not one peep of anything out of the company. My faith only runs so deep with VOOM.

And not only this, but on Jan 1 everybody gets to pay Voom more.

They won't be getting my money. Not unless they substantially increase their value. Don't get me wrong. I love the HD. But I'll stick it out with cable until I put the money together to buy all the DirecTV equipment.

ram1220 said:
And not only this, but on Jan 1 everybody gets to pay Voom more.
I forgot about that ...wow....how much of an increase is it going to be? Makes me believe that something big will happen before the increase. Who knows? I hope something happens before the increase. If it doenst then I think VOOM is done for sure.

VOOM PVR/DVR Release Soon... Echostar/Rainbow information coming soon as well

Ok, will next week finally be the week we hear from VOOM regarding the long-planned, long-tested, long-awaited release of the DVR?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

If not...I propose we get a "VOOM...weeks stuck in LIMBO" thread up and running.

WOW, why should Voom say anything every one els is saing it for them. Voom this Voom that who knows what they will do I dont think they know what they will do. If Dish buy's them were does that leave us? I like Voom and the orig chanels like Cim 10 and Monsters. Will they change them will I need new Equip.........

I had Dish and switched I dont want to go back.

Well I just checked Voom program guide and I see that Cinima 6 will FU they have Kung Fu movies listed starting Nov 3rd wow they might do it. I hope they dont merg with Dish and they stay the way they are, Ecept I want a PVR.......... So can anyone say Nov 4 for a PVR I hope so.........

I think Sean Mota already posted the FU movies in the programming forum.. check it out there.

VOOM commericals are now popping up just about everywhere on TV.

A DVR solution really needs to happen NOW to compliment it.

Price increases already announced for oldtimers come 1/1/2005.

They are missing their last gasp chance for survival.

txcruiser said:
VOOM commericals are now popping up just about everywhere on TV.

A DVR solution really needs to happen NOW to compliment it.

Price increases already announced for oldtimers come 1/1/2005.

They are missing their last gasp chance for survival.
To be fair, I would say that the DVR should come within the next two weeks on time for the holyday pre-season sales. Otherwise, V* would miss the "BIG OPPORTUNITY".

Walter, it will sell fast regardless of when it comes out and there will likely be a waiting list to get it if it no matter when it comes out. Hell, there would have bene a waiting list to get it when they only had 2400 subs, as it would immediately bring in a tremendous amount of new subs.

While a DVR is important, it is also important that they can actually ship a good quantity.

Again, it would be nice to know more of the DVR, mainly pricing tables, and will the DVR bring in more incentive for multiroom viewing with the Ucentric client boxes?

Has this been answered yet?: Will there be a $5 extra receiver charge for each thin client? I hope not.

This thread has been active for almost three weeks, and nothing has been announced about the DVR or about Echostar/Rainbow. I'd say "soon" no longer applies. Reminds me of the joke about the sign in the bar that says "Free Beer Tomorrow".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)