ESPN coming soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I thought that tonights Baseball Season Opener was going to be in HD. But no ESPN shifted the openner between Box and O's to ESPN2. What a disgrace? They get coverage to the openner and show it on their awful ESPN2. This is why ESPN2... (rather not say)

Im very disappointed with the lack of HD on ESPNHD. Out of all the HD ch's ESPN's disappoints me most. Alot of hype...but not much going on in HD. HDNET's hockey is way better quality than anything ESPN HD shows.

vinnyv07 said:
Im very disappointed with the lack of HD on ESPNHD. Out of all the HD ch's ESPN's disappoints me most. Alot of hype...but not much going on in HD. HDNET's hockey is way better quality than anything ESPN HD shows.

Saturday Night NCAA Football
Sunday Night NFL
Sunday Night Baseball
Almost Weekly College Basketball, NBA & NHL Games
Some NHL & NBA Playoffs

Not that bad and it is only going to get better, plus, Sportcenter comming June 7th.

HDNet- NHL is nice, but minor college football and basketball picture is nice, but the games themselves, hmmmmmmm. :smug

espnhd does about 20 events a month, HD sporting events. At 4 hours per event that is 0.67 HD event hours per day. Pathetic. The new studio will NOT bring you any increase in HD sports. It will only make their "fluff" in house shows HD. Imagine watching spots center in HD and the clips are still lousy stretched and upconverted sd.
HDnet blows them out of the water as far as PQ. The new sportscenter will increase their total hours of HD but do nothing for viewers wanting HD sports on their set. ESPNHD in past articles has stated that when more HD sets are sold then they will increase HD sports. Until then forget it.

"In all of our program categories, from live remote events to studio programming to pre-produced programming, we are working to appropriately increase the number of hours of originally produced programming each week on ESPN HD. However, we have chosen to focus first on quality over quantity, in an attempt to deliver our most viewed, highest profile programming to showcase the quality of HDTV…rather than being able to say that we have a large percentage of our programming originally produced in HDTV. As the number of homes with HDTV and ESPN HD grows, more and more programming will be originally produced in HDTV."

I too am very dissapointed in the lack of HD sports production on espnhd and the overall philosophy/ direction they have taken. I could care less if dan patrick and the pregame sunday night show are made to look pretty. But espnhd is trying to increase their overall HD airtime since those shows run the majority of the day, not give you more HD sports. Thats why they spent all this money on this new facility and not rent more HD trucks!!!!

Vurbano,

I agree with you regarding ESPN-HD. I was not happy last night when I found that the Season Openning Baseball Night between Boston and Baltimore was not only not shown in HD but switched to their ESPN2 channel. The same nonsense happens when NFL Football Season starts and Baseball seasons is at the end. Baseball games get screwed. I blame MLB for this more than ESPN-HD. As you will never see this happening with an NBA game. David Stern will not sell the game to ESPN. David Stern has always tried to put the NBA at the top of the marketing list. MLB can learn a lot from David Stern but again look at who is running MBL -- what a joke?

Anyway, getting back to topic. ESPN-HD is important. Yes, they do not offer great quantity of HD programming and it is their fault also that they do not repeat their own games. I have yet to see any games in HD replayed in ESPN-HD. You wonder why? BASEBALL TONIGHT and SPORTCENTER will benefit. There are a lot of the Fox Regional channels doing HD games and there will be more. They will probably get all the highlights as HDNews is doing right now.

VOOM will benefit a great deal by having ESPN-HD. WorldSport-HD is fine but they also need to increase the quantity of HD programming. Soccer is fine but we are going into the fifth months and the only thing we have seen in WorldSport-HD is soccer and HardWater sport.

In conclusion, Sports fans need this channel.

I agree Voom will benefit. They need the espn content to grow and survive. Just dont think your going to get more HD games because of all the money they spent building a new facility. Many misunderstand that. The key to more ESPNHD sports is renting more HD trucks.

Sean, last night was the Women's Final Four. They've been touting it in HD for ages now, and in fact have gotten vry good ratings for it. There's no way they would not show it. Sorry all you Red Sox los... er, fans :)

madpoet said:
Sean, last night was the Women's Final Four. They've been touting it in HD for ages now, and in fact have gotten vry good ratings for it. There's no way they would not show it. Sorry all you Red Sox los... er, fans :)

madpoet,

I hear you and agree with you about it. But ESPN has done the same to a lot of baseball games over and over. It is time for MLB to put a stop to this and sell the rights of the game to someone else who is willing to put it on National TV in HD. I am sure that MLB will get someone else to do it but MLB just rather get the $$$ that ESPN is offering for less quality and we, HDTV fans, who like baseball get to play second. :) MLB management is a joke. I love baseball but MLB and Selig is a complete joke (to put it mildly).

Sean,

I know alot of DirecTV retailers supposedly troll around in various forums, bad mouthing V* and E* while pretending to be disgruntled customers. But I never would have thought Donald Fehr would troll around a Voom forum pretending to be Sean Mota. Hahaha :)

Mlb

Expecting Selig and MLB to do the right thing is ..... well it just won't happen. Look at the steriod "testing" program. For that matter look at the price of the MLB package on DISH and DIRECT. Money is the only thing driving the game at this point, at least for management. Too bad it is my favorite sport to watch on the TV.

I was surprised that the ESPN game was not in HD, not that I could watch it on Voom, but I had the next best thing, a C-Band dish with a pretty good ESPN2 picture.

And to make matters worse I had to watch the Sox lose!!!

espnhd does about 20 events a month, HD sporting events. At 4 hours per event that is 0.67 HD event hours per day. Pathetic.

Did I miss something because your numbers work out to 2 1/2 hours (80 hours/31 day month) of HD per day not .67 per day. Most of their HD broadcast is in Primetime so that works out good for me. Besides I just want the option to watch ESPN, SD or HD.

edit -Nevermind, I think you meant .67 events (20 events/30 days) per day.

oops sorry yes .67 events a day. anyway not even one a day. (i shouldnt try to recall things i have calculated in the past...lol) actually (20event*4hrs)/(30day*24hrs)=.1111 x 100 = 11.11% another way to look at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)