Manual OTA scanning coming soon

vader

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2004
As I have been battling with Voom about my OTA channels, I got some information today confirming that the manual scanning with multiple DMA maps is getting ready in next two weeks.
Just wanted to share with those still frustrated with the issue. I am sure that itself would probably start a new thread with new issues. At least we'll know what our antennae can receive and what they cannot.

I am hoping that the new firmware will also give us the ability to remove channels from the channel list for scanning. Anyone have any idea of the new features/fixes in the next release besides OTA manual scan??

He mentions --"this is a big release with lots of stuff, including scanning and the like.
I've got versions of it and it's pretty nice." LOTS OF STUFF!!!!!!! Sounds like they may make the Moto a lot better.

I think that Wilt had mentioned being able to delete channels from the channel lineup as one thing. That would be great!! Also- if the guide would come up on the channel you are on, that would be a nice improvement.

vurbano said:
and the encoder work is that finishing soon?

The encoder work? I thikn you are referring to the MPEG-4 or WM9 stuff? That I believe is a plug in module (the slot on the righthand side of the box), so not really a firmware upgrade. Also, they will have to have everyone's box upgraded with the module prior to shifting their programming over to it. Though i imagine they will probably start broadcasting at least one channel in it as a tester soon, so that as sson as they start deploying the modules, their functionality can be verified.

CraziFuzzy said:
The encoder work? I thikn you are referring to the MPEG-4 or WM9 stuff? That I believe is a plug in module (the slot on the righthand side of the box), so not really a firmware upgrade. Also, they will have to have everyone's box upgraded with the module prior to shifting their programming over to it. Though i imagine they will probably start broadcasting at least one channel in it as a tester soon, so that as sson as they start deploying the modules, their functionality can be verified.
No

the cinema channels are 720p right now because of encoder work. I have heard numerous times that PQ was suffering because of encoder work. I am not reffering to future wm9 or meg4 encoding. Or the rumor that a new module is going to be mailed out to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts