Issue aiming 1000.2 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shredder83

Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Canada
Hey guys,

I am new here. Just trying to setup a 1000.2 dish. I have it aimed and get all three birds, but my levels are real low. Under 30 on all TPs. I assume that since I am seeing all birds, that I have it pointing in the right direction. Is it possible to get signal in one spot, then loose it as you move either up or down and get it again stronger? Just trying to figure out which way I should be adjusting.

Thanks.
Shredder83

If you have all 3 then you just need to fine tune it. With the dish still locked down, have someone watch the signal meter with you at the dish and just easily move it a bit all directions whenever the signal goes up a bit that's the way it needs to go. It probably isn't off much.

Seems that what ever direction I move it, I lose signal. I tried aiming again, this time with a older 301 model receiver. I see the levels are different between the 211K and the 301. My 301 showed around 45-50 on 119. Couldn't get higher than that. Decided to go to my usual dish and dual LNB config. Got 85 on 119 and 71 on 110 without trying. 211K still shows lower (under 50 for each). At least now, I can watch TV :)

Wonder if there is something wrong with the 1000.2 or maybe it just won't work for me. Very strange.

Shredder83

Any chance you're pointed through a tree branch? Sorry, had to ask. Have you consulted an installation guide to see that your skew is set correctly, having that wrong will mess up both 110 and 129 at the same time. Try to get 119 up first and then check the other two.

Another big question would be, what area are you in? As in, what is the DNS signal threshold for your area to anyone who might know.

Dish changed the meter reading since the 301 receiver on purpose. They all read lower now than in the past. Can't help with the low readings you are getting, sounds like you know what you are doing.

Just to follow up, nothing in the way. Live on an acreage. Farmer's field to the south of me. No trees for miles. :)

I have checked for plumb, but wondering if the weight of the dish might be pulling it off plumb a little. Will need to go back and check when I get time.

I live up in Canada, I wonder if the dish is too small to receive signals up here? My other dish that does work is 24" if I am correct. Will need to measure it to be sure.

Thanks,
Shredder

I get that. I was wondering too if it was too small for here.

Any one know if the 1000.4 dish can be put on the 1000.2 mount? Will the arm be the right size for the convergence of the LNBs?

Thanks,
Shredder83

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)