Issue with DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

supraboy

Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
I've got a wireless setup. For some reason all of a sudden when I open the guide on one of the wireless boxes and try to scroll it pauses the live video in the corner plays a high pitch squeling then becomes in responsive for about 5 seconds. Then the guide goes empty, I can see the grid but no channel names or programming data until I close the guide by pressing exit then going back in. As I wrote this I left the guide open blanked out the high pitch sound happened as the video froze then the guide closed after a timeout like it normally would. Any thoughts? I haven't called DIRECTV yet, thought somebody here might have a suggestion.

The high pitched squel is absolutely brutal I'm afraid it's going to blow up my sound bar speakers.

Very first thing to do is a simple reboot and see if that clears the issue your having.
Menu/Settings/Restart Recvr/ (i think - is next to start the process, I can't check it now because I'm recording.)
Make SURE you use the ReStart Recvr in the menu.

Just restarted it, so far so good. I thought it had been rebooted lately. Guess not, I appreciate it!

Reactions: cinsu
Just restarted it, so far so good. I thought it had been rebooted lately. Guess not, I appreciate it!
The way I gave you is the correct way to restart ... think of your recvr as a computer.

Often times D* (usually actually) will have you do a Red Button reset, next to the access card, they are too lazy to go thru the menu.

I look at it the red button restart much like turning your computer off with the power plug.

the reason pulling the plug on a computer is bad is because there are files in RAM that have yet to be written to the HDD or SSD. if any of those are system files you can corrupt your OS. these are singularly purposed machines where the only real danger is to a currently recording program. the red button reboot is harmless.

the reason pulling the plug on a computer is bad is because there are files in RAM that have yet to be written to the HDD or SSD. if any of those are system files you can corrupt your OS. these are singularly purposed machines where the only real danger is to a currently recording program. the red button reboot is harmless.
Still don't like it.
I prefer to reboot it correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)