AMIKO Issue with renaming channels on the Amiko mini 4K

Ron_MNdish

Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
SE Minnesota
I have noticed that there is a "software bug" on the renaming mode of the keyboard on the Amiko receiver, when I insert the hyphen, it puts the hyphen in front of a word. For example, when I see "Ch-1" on the TV screen, it writes "1-Ch" on the screen, there is no way of a workaround for this. Has anyone noticed this? Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: FTA4PA
First I have heard of this. Will have to investigate when I have time. Also, will ask Amiko when they get back in the office later this week.

Just tried it on my Amiko Mini HD265, and it does the same thing. Though it is a pain, here is a workaround:
To get "Ch-1", enter the "-" then "1", which will display as "1_-". Then hit OK (which will take you back to rename) press enter to go back to the rename function, which will show as "1-" and then type in "Ch". It will then show up as Ch_-1". Hit OK and back out of rename (press menu) and save. It will then show up as "Ch-1"!

Of course, as soon as you re-scan the satellite, or the transponder, the new name will disappear and revert to it's original name.

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST
I have noticed that there is a "software bug" on the renaming mode of the keyboard on the Amiko receiver, when I insert the hyphen, it puts the hyphen in front of a word. For example, when I see "Ch-1" on the TV screen, it writes "1-Ch" on the screen, there is no way of a workaround for this. Has anyone noticed this? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure my Amiko Mini HD SE (the model before the RE, HD265, etc) did this years ago as I remember a naming issue like that. It was kind of a pain but the receiver itself was rock solid so it never really bothered me. Must be a bug that Amiko has never addressed or they are unaware it exists. :)

Reactions: Keith Brannen
Just tried it on my Amiko Mini HD265, and it does the same thing. Though it is a pain, here is a workaround:
To get "Ch-1", enter the "-" then "1", which will display as "1_-". Then hit OK (which will take you back to rename) press enter to go back to the rename function, which will show as "1-" and then type in "Ch". It will then show up as Ch_-1". Hit OK and back out of rename (press menu) and save. It will then show up as "Ch-1"!

Of course, as soon as you re-scan the satellite, or the transponder, the new name will disappear and revert to it's original name.
I have tried this but it seems does nork for me. Same issue as before with the 4K H265 unit.

Ron_MNdish got a fix from Amiko and Hyper Casey helped me with testing. This will solve your naming issue.
See the attached file.
...or anyone else that would like to try it. This will ONLY work on the 4K unit.

Attachments

• MINI 4K UHD V1.0.52.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Reactions: mc6809e