Issues Surrounding CUI Update

Ok so sounds like they finally got rid of the nightly reboot that everyone hated? Wonder why? It is not that big a deal I usually set the sleep timer on my receiver but if my wife turns it on she does not. Problem for me is if I wake up later in the night and hear the music it will keep me from going back to sleep.

I have a HWS and a H1 and have the same issues as reported here. If I were to upgrade to a H3 and a Joey, what functionalities if any would I lose over having two DVRs?

The fun just never stops!

Can you see what's happening below?

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1501269302.410257.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1501269315.682381.jpg

I selected Bong Appetite, which shouldn't be there as it was previously deleted, and - err - How shall I delete it again?

This ones downright funny.

Redundancy if one goes down. Since they're all under new firmware that is all I can think of. You would be gaining more tuners and faster system speed.

EDIT: I forgot, you will also lose your red recording light if you upgrade to H3!

What Joey would you recommend with the H3?

The fun just never stops!

Can you see what's happening below?

View attachment 127448
View attachment 127449

I selected Bong Appetite, which shouldn't be there as it was previously deleted, and - err - How shall I delete it again?

This ones downright funny.

Deleted recordings have been reappearing on my HwS for a long time. I swear that I deleted it, but there it is. So I watched and yup, they come back from the dead.

I do not have an H3, but I would probably pick the 4K Joey for its speed if I were choosing. That is not a good choice however if the Netflix App is important to you because its not working yet (some think it never will be). I would also be interested in the SWAP feature that the 4KJ is supposed to get (some also think that will never happen) but hasn't received yet. It is also your best choice if you plan to have a Joey at a 4K TV. Many report that the J2 and Wireless Joey are a bit slower than the 4KJ and similar to each other in performance. It has been reported that if you upgrade to H3 you will also have your Joeys upgraded to J2. There is a $50 upgrade fee for 4KJ although some have reported getting it for $25 and WJ carries a $25 (was $50) fee for the necessary WAP and up to 3 WJs can be used with a WAP.

Both my father in law and my sister got their H3 installed yesterday and they picked Joey 2's and wireless Joey's that seem to be working just fine, so you could go with either one.
Incidentally, despite insistence by many for using 3ghz RG6, the installer for my sister used the existing cable that was installed several years ago when they first got Dish (722's) and everything works just fine. My father in law's installer also used the existing RG6 that was installed many years ago (more than 15 years ago) by direct TV and everything also works just fine. Was it just good fortune that the cable in both installs accommodated the H3"s?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)