Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
does anyone else have audio and video issues with the sunday night games on nbc? i have them every single sunday with this channel. i switch between the sat and ota feeds but they're both the same. it's irritating. could it just be with my local nbc station?

Nope, I am watching it OTA right now in the New Orleans area and it glitches, too. I think I remember it having something to do with the equipment that ALL the NBC stations have, that it introduces the glitching.

Its annoying, I agree. :)

Nope, I am watching it OTA right now in the New Orleans area and it glitches, too. I think I remember it having something to do with the equipment that ALL the NBC stations have, that it introduces the glitching.

Its annoying, I agree. :)

and it seems to be during the game only. when they go to commercial i don't see the issues there. same for you stogie?

and it seems to be during the game only. when they go to commercial i don't see the issues there. same for you stogie?

yep.

It has something to do with the encoders that NBC uses to grab and then distribute the raw feed to the affliates. Lots of encodes and decodes with different formats and such, thus lots of room for errors. They probably start with mpeg 2, then encode to mpeg 4 (NBC has a master feed, DVB-S2 mpeg4 on c-band), then the stations have to reencode that to mpeg2 ATSC for OTA or sending it ( in your case) to D*. Then D* reencodes THAT to mpeg4 AGAIN for uplink to your tv.

I'm surprised it works as well as it does. :D

Just flipped over to watch some of the game on my HD LiL via DirecTV and although I see no video issues I am hearing a less than a second long audio glitch every so often. Check my OTA and it is also there. I also only hear it during the game broadcast; so maybe its a network feed issue at the source?

Just flipped over to watch some of the game on my HD LiL via DirecTV and although I see no video issues I am hearing a less than a second long audio glitch every so often. Check my OTA and it is also there. I also only hear it during the game broadcast; so maybe its a network feed issue at the source?

true. the audio issue is way more frequent than the video. i'm just glad others are seeing this issue too. i was trying to figure out if it was on my end. thanks for the responses guys :up

by the way charper i love your new avatar lol.

Yep, the new one is just for me being on-call all weekend. Still trying to figure out what it is or came from. But the attack of the mutant puppets animation is funny to me. The small batch avatar will be back tomorrow!

Yep, the new one is just for me being on-call all weekend. Still trying to figure out what it is or came from. But the attack of the mutant puppets animation is funny to me. The small batch avatar will be back tomorrow!

They're "Raving Rabbids", from a video game series called "Rayman: Raving Rabbids". They're crazy rabbits who get in all sorts of goofy situations, and you have to defeat them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.