It begins...

pzy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2018
Massachusetts
AKA "what have I gotten myself into"

IMG_0290.jpg

Last edited:
anti-seize and gloves. Coat up all the bolts. Someone may want to pull it apart again someday and that someone might be you.
Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• anti-seize.jpg
    anti-seize.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 176
Welcome to Satellite Guys!!!

I would hope that they improved their instructions by now. But you might find this thread of interest in case they haven't: Dish Specs, Trust But Verify!

When going together you want to do a string test, just to be sure. While you are doing it, measure the TRUE reflective diameter and the depth from the cross strings to the center of the dish. Write them down and keep track of them. That way, if you do have to figure the focal length and f/d you have what you need. Hopefully, they have things where you don't end up having to do that.

Have fun getting it all set up.

That's great info, thanks! I'll definitely do the string test.

The included instructions are comically bad. They do mention something about possible rod misalignment and having to move them, but the instructions are a one-sided sheet of paper that points you to a thread on tvrosat for installation help haha.

BMVM7yT.jpg

The "GOOD LUCK" sentiment rings very true :p

Follow the guide on the TVRO forum and you’ll be glad you did. Also look at the reviews that I did and others on those dishes for pointers on what worked and what didn’t. You can learn from our experiences.

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts