It may be time to go to DISH network or cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
scotsmanron said:
I understand what you are saying but WHY? Why won't D* stand behind the COMPLETE install.

Example. I bought my new Mini Cooper but the radio was a dealer install. If I move and something happens to the radio, Mini STILL stands by the radio at any dealer in the country. Why shouldn't D* do the same?
D* will only cover a standard installation only, anything above that can put the insurance thru the roof for D*. If i happened to go out to your house and you wanted cable not to be exposed ,then you would probably want something like a custom install. If i fall through your ceiling and break my back ,do you think D* will cover the expence of replacing your ceiling and my medical bills plus workmans comp. I think not.

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
wow chad,

one of ergenstiens zombies that TELLS IT LIKE IT IS!!!

im impressed. hell....im shocked!!

I'm not a zombie. I freaking hate E*. My choice to do D* installs is limited to what little I can get on my own without being a retailer or going to work for DirecTech Southwest. I already worked for them, when they were known as Commcraft, and I kicked them to the curb when they called and asked me to drive an hour out of my way for a service call. I did it, then they refused to pay for it. Considering that CommCraft paid a whopping $17.50 for a service call, I was extremely pissed.

I made up my mind last summer to quit satellites, and had applications in all over the area, for anything. Then Katrina hit, and the refugees stormed the area and dried up the job market.

The company I work for now......Don't even get me started. I've been with them just over a year, and there is only one guy has been here longer, and the guy who just got the newly vacated FSM job hasn't been here 6 months. He doesn't know jack----he called me to ask how to make a E* 510 do PIP (LMFAO!!!!), and he doesn't know a 105 SD from a 121. He couldn't tell me jack about a dish 1000, either.

We've had 4 FSM's in the last year. First guy was crap. I was glad he was gone, until I found out he got promoted and he is still over us. Then they had a guy who knew how to handle his business. Life was good. Then they fired him. He was the only one who stood up for us (the installers). Next guy was OK, but this new guy........he set's a stellar example. Buying hot reels of cable from cable installers, claims to toke up on occasion, and pesters the F out of me (calling 4x in a short time frame and NOT leaving a message).

I used to love my job. And that seems like a million years ago.

I'll tell you what is hillarious. When customers ask if I have E* at home, because most of you assume we get free service. I'll tell them know, but not why beyond the fact that I have an R10 with TiVo which I prefer to the E* DVRs. Anyway, the look on their face is priceless.

Buying hot reels of cable from cable installers,

i pay 15 per roll from the same guys...small world, huh!!;)

I used to love my job. And that seems like a million years ago

i still do most of the time, it is like nothing else when the money flows like water, i just hate the slow springs!

Last edited:
Dragon,

Can I ask you where you get your cable? $15 a roll for how many feet? Can I assume that it is solid copper, and not quad?

1000 feet , solid copper, and NO YOU CANT ASK.

do i have stupid stamped on my fore head??

digicom 6 , pcm -ex 6 or snap and seal 6, $5.00 per bag

zip ties, FREE.....barrels, $5.00 per bag.

flex clips, single, free, dual, $2.00 per bag.

Come on, Dragon. It was only a friendly question, I figured it was some special deal and I wouldn't be able to get it, but I had to ask.

As far as having "Stupid" stamped on your forehead, NO.

"Ornery", maybe, but not "Stupid".

lee78221 said:
so this is want happened: on the 28th of last month I had a Service Call I was told it would be free (fine) 4 Service Calls later the problem was fixed (those Service Call were free because it was not fixed on the 28th) so to day I see a Service Call - Charge for $70 I called DIRECTV and I said why it that there they say "will on the 28th the CSR Credited you $70 but did not Charge you the for Service Call aka bill than Credited the Service Call so the Service Call CREDIT does not go to other things just the Service Call but CSR did not do that they Credited me the Service Call then to day I am being bill for it DIRECTV will not CREDIT me the Service Call because it was Credited on the 28th.

Sorry if that did not make sense please ask and try to better explain.

so now my bill is $124 it is was $54:mad:
i got nothing from that ! have someone else call directv and then have them post here LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)