It may be time to go to DISH network or cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
so this is want happened: on the 28th of last month I had a Service Call I was told it would be free (fine) 4 Service Calls later the problem was fixed (those Service Call were free because it was not fixed on the 28th) so to day I see a Service Call - Charge for $70 I called DIRECTV and I said why it that there they say "will on the 28th the CSR Credited you $70 but did not Charge you the for Service Call aka bill than Credited the Service Call so the Service Call CREDIT does not go to other things just the Service Call but CSR did not do that they Credited me the Service Call then to day I am being bill for it DIRECTV will not CREDIT me the Service Call because it was Credited on the 28th.

Sorry if that did not make sense please ask and try to better explain.

so now my bill is $124 it is was $54:mad:

Last edited:
The Tate said:
I don't understand.
:D OK on the 28th I had a Service Call is was free they were to bill me for the Service Call then CREDIT it because THE Service Call CREDIT would not go to the bill just the Service Call but they did not do that they Credited me the Service Call before they billed it (they did that to day bill me for the Service Call) so now my bill is 124 when it was to be $54 and they will not CREDIT me the $70 because they said that was done on the 28th.

I am trying my best here this does not make sense to me too(I am trying to make sense of what DIRECTV told me)..

DirecTV bills everyone $70 for service calls. I have had some people, I have switched to cable because of it. Most of the time, it is an installer error that caused the problem to show up later. I feel it is wrong to bill anyone for something not on there end, DirecTV feels different about this. Most of the installers doesn't take the time or the necessary steps to insure you a trouble free install. Hanging cables, stapled cable instead of the proper clips, no grease in fittings, etc. will cause problems later on down the line. If something goes bad and my installation caused the error, we will replace it free of charge, now if your dog, Pluto goes under the house and chews up four outlets after we installed them, then they will be charged for the repairs or they can replace them themselves.

cablewithaview said:
DirecTV bills everyone $70 for service calls. I have had some people, I have switched to cable because of it. Most of the time, it is an installer error that caused the problem to show up later. I feel it is wrong to bill anyone for something not on there end, DirecTV feels different about this. Most of the installers doesn't take the time or the necessary steps to insure you a trouble free install. Hanging cables, stapled cable instead of the proper clips, no grease in fittings, etc. will cause problems later on down the line. If something goes bad and my installation caused the error, we will replace it free of charge, now if your dog, Pluto goes under the house and chews up four outlets after we installed them, then they will be charged for the repairs or they can replace them themselves.
service call was free because DIRECTV told me it would be now they are turning on there word.

is was like this:
1)got service call and they said it was free after 4 of them it was fixed (got $70 CREDIT for the service call)
2) now I am being charged for the service calls that was to be free and now they will not give me a CREDIT for the $70 they say I got Credited on the 28th.

Was the credit on your last bill and the charge on a new bill? If so, you got a free service call, however since the credit was applied before the call was charged to your account, you had one very low bill and one very high bill that even out to your average monthly bill.

Newshawk said:
Was the credit on your last bill and the charge on a new bill? If so, you got a free service call, however since the credit was applied before the call was charged to your account, you had one very low bill and one very high bill that even out to your average monthly bill.
Was the credit on your last bill and the charge on a new bill?

Yes and how is that free when the service call is been charge anyway?

lee78221 said:
Was the credit on your last bill and the charge on a new bill?

Yes and how is that free when the service call is been charge anyway?

The $70.00 credit washes the $70.00 Charge. Net Charge $0.00

DishDave said:
The $70.00 credit washes the $70.00 Charge. Net Charge $0.00
but I still have to pay $70 higher on my bill this month it was $54 now it is $125 so I can't see were one thing was "washed"

Last edited:
I think what DishDave was saying was that if the credit hit on last months bill, and the charge hit on this months bill, the total is a wash. Last month, you would have paid $70 less on your bill, and this month you'll pay $70 more. Over two months, that comes to a net of $0.

I'm not saying that this is what happened, as I haven't seen your bills. Just tyring to explain what DishDave was saying, to the best of my understanding.

Could be in a different billing cycle....so check transactions since last bill. Charge might have applied to the last bill and credit may be towards the next one.
Oh and lee, that is a silly title for what the problem is.

cablewithaview said:

cable,

directv does NOT charge everyone for service calls.

I pay like $5-$6 a month for insurance so I dont have to pay $70 for service calls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts