It would be nicer get HDTheater w/o having to get DISH Platinum.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I mean, "come on" Dishnetwork! It was one of the very first HD channels ever. It's as "basic" as it gets.

That's something Discovery did when they changed it from Discovery HD Theater to just HD Theater. I guess they didnt want to confuse people on which channel was the Discovery HD channel.

Uh! Discovery wanted their channel put in platinum?
It's still the original channel. Nothings really changed.

Yup, which is good because the plans at one time were to drop it and just have Discovery HD take its place. If they didn't move it to a different tier I dont think the channel would be on the air today.

C'mon Kb Cool. You pretty much just stole the title of my original thread. You couldn't come up with something more original.:rant: At least in your case, you can get HD Theater in the DISH America Packages without having to get Platinum.

I guess i can live with that. It really is one of my favorite "all time" channels. Unfortunatly, none of the others in Platinum are. Oh well!

C'mon Kb Cool. You pretty much just stole the title of my original thread. You couldn't come up with something more original.:rant: At least in your case, you can get HD Theater in the DISH America Packages without having to get Platinum.

Ya i know, But i left out the "to" when i cut and pasted half of your title.:D I couldn't fix it either, too late!

When Discovery HD Theater first came out wasn't it $10. by itself?.So to have another 21 HD Channels with it for $10. make Dish Network's HD Platinum a buy.:)

No, i think it included HDnet,HDnet movies, TNT and ESPN. I could be wrong though.

HD Theater is still the free Test HD channel on 5710? No guide info but you can still watch it without subscribing to Platinum.

Ya your right. I hope it still there when my free platinum goes away. Platinum maybe a excellent buy to some. But for those of us with AT250. I could do without it.:D
Again this is just my opinion. I'm sure others would disagree.:D

It would have been nice if Dish would have left HD Theater and Palladia in America's Top 120 where it once was before moving them to the HD Platinum package. I thought they were nice additions to the package in terms of competition. Also, since the removal of Fuse, it would have been nice if they kept Palladia at that channel location; I still think (although I suppose it is now the past) that the HD feed should have been provided especially with the HD for Life promo. Anyway, I suppose it is what it is, or it was what it was. :D In addition, it would also be nice to see those two channels in the Dish Latino packages like Dos and Max with having to get HD Platinum. I suppose what I am saying is that it would be nice if they were included in most packages like HDNet is if that makes sense.

It would have been nice if Dish would have left HD Theater and Palladia in America's Top 120 where it once was before moving them to the HD Platinum package. I thought they were nice additions to the package in terms of competition. Also, since the removal of Fuse, it would have been nice if they kept Palladia at that channel location; I still think (although I suppose it is now the past) that the HD feed should have been provided especially with the HD for Life promo. Anyway, I suppose it is what it is, or it was what it was. :D In addition, it would also be nice to see those two channels in the Dish Latino packages like Dos and Max with having to get HD Platinum. I suppose what I am saying is that it would be nice if they were included in most packages like HDNet is if that makes sense.

I agree. Maybe we can get the "Dish internet response team" to change it.:D

*I meant without having to get HD Platinum in the second to last line. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts