Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, after much absence, I decided to do a Friday Fun poll. Now for anyone who hasn't seen these, they are pretty simple. I just think up a hypothetical question and usually have a poll but this one will be different.

2 examples of a FFP were
-if you had a receiver and it could either Blind Scan OR run a motor (couldnt have both), which would you choose. Most people said motor
-If you could design an ultimate FTA box, what THREE features would you want in it and I listed 10 options (blind scan, HD, 4:2:2, PVE, etc)

So here is this week's

What 3 FTA products now available out there in the world do you wish were easier to obtain here in the US?

It can be anything FTA related but it has to be a legit item :)
(yes I know its Thursday but I thought of this on the way home)

Last edited:
My three would be

-more DVB boxes that can do 4:2:2 & HD (and at a cheaper price) & have a PVR in them
-switches that can handle more LNB options (like a 8x4 or 8x8 option). I'd like to add more LNB's but I dont want oodles of Diseqc & 22k switches
-more programming on KU. Even a subscription service of like 10 channels on KU would be nice (something like Globecast but for the English folk) :D

1/ I like those CLEAR plastic dish that you can buy in the UK, even the smaller MESH dish they use for BSKYB would be a great idea here in the US!

2/ I also miss my PACE receiver with 4 built in amplifiers for surround sound.

3/ I would also like to see the "Squarial" make an appearance here, it was a FLAT square satellite antenna used for DBS in the 80's again back in the UK.

-I would like to see some of those Euopean satellites that deliver alot of FTA include at least part of North America in their footprints.

-To agree with Iceberg and have a group of maybe 10 channels (news & some network etc) that we could subscribe to for a minimal cost and at least be assured they would stay and not here today gone tomorrow.

-Can't think of another!!

EastCoast....how about something like "the programming at G10 duplicated at AMC6 so the people on the East coast can get that stuff easier" :)

1) There are at least 2 receivers (Pace/Humax) in Europe that would be nice to obtain here in the states, they both do HD and 4:2:2 and at least one does mpeg4, maybe both do.
2) There is an 8x1 diseqc switch in Europe that I'd like to be able to try out here.
3) I also would like to see programming in the EPG made available here in the states, that would be great.

Al

1. Subscription KU via card with a standard DVB box would be great
2. Receiver with 4:2:2, HD, DVI/HDMI output and DVR functions like the Humax PR-HD1000 that is in the 06-07 TELE-Satellite magazine.
3. Better looking receivers! lots of the receivers in TELE-SAT have very nice finishes, vacum fluorecent displays and features such as RF remote's etc.

A 4:2:2 DVB receiver with MPEG-4 and HD that can also output the data stream via USB2 to a PC (like a World Box or Starbox, but which acts as a STB as well)...

Also, more local FTA dealers with competitive prices...

1: Better/complete channel data/EPG

2: Definitely HD and 4:2:2 (Maybe this should be #1)

3: Channel editing. Better control over channel name and on the fly deletion. Its a pain weeding out all the scrambled or unwanted channels. Editing would allow me to rename the channel since there are channels with the same name on different birds.

V-box II, only available in australia at this point
More DVB recievers like the manhattan line that can control a BUD
epg that works

Wish list

All the US sats universal (lo and hi band) for more (hopefully FTA) channels

European and other sat footprints cover US and Canada (like C band often does)

Cheap bigger dishes easily available with cheap and good shipping!

1) 4:2:2
2) access to hotbird ;)
3) I know this is more DVB than FTA but being able to buy access cards to sub programming that I would like (you know ala carte as appoed to D* or Dish)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts