It's Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!NEW HD

slicked25

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
WOW! We've got CBS C, 5 HBO's, Green Channel, and some more Starz and Max, Lifetime. I'm so excited I can't type. Man I was going to bed but not now. Up all night!!!

All man this is perfect timing. I had the HD Only pack and obviously didn't have ch 152 until now. As an SEC Football junkie it doesn't get any better than this. I counted 17 watchable HD Channels. I was flipping the never ending remote and something just didn't look right. Man, I'm awake now.

i changed it to lifetime since its the only new hd channel i got and i got an error. it said that if i wasnt able to see the channel to hold the power button for 10 seconds. its restarting right now.

hmmm it still gives me the error

I had to update the guide to get all of this but I'm getting Life and LMN not that that's my cup of tea but all of these channels and several so far that I've checked has spectacular HD. WFN is 1080 at the moment. This is just too much for me I'm not going to work tomorrow now. :D Ch 307 HBOCYHD has a great picture.

Here are the new HD Channels

Life
LMN
Food
CBS-C
Green
HBO2E
HBOSG
HBO-W
HBOFM
HBOCY
HBOZ
HBOLT
ACMAX
Encore
STRZW
SEDGE
STZC
SK&FM

That's 18. Didn't count HBOLT the first go around.:D But the list is not too shabby.

So are you getting all your RSNs in HD now with HD Absolute? Now that they are available with Turbo Silver and Above.
Nope, Just finished loading the new channes into my favorite setup (knew there was a reason my body wanted me to get up). Will check again in the morning, but for now no RSNs or Big Ten on the "Turbo-charged" HD absolute pack.

It would be nice if they included your one or 2 local RSNs, depending on where you live.

However CBS C should have lots of SEC on. :thumbsup

Which is a shame, because that game that they were showing was produced in hd.
From the sound of it, they are going to start broadcasting in HD with the start of college football this year.

BTW - channel 75 (The "You've been turbo charged" channel is SD! I mean I know it's a waste of bandwidth, but I think it would make for a bigger impact if it too was HD ;)) Anyways, will have to check back when I wake up more (think I might be falling asleep again) to see if the RSN's make an appearance after 5am (EDT) when the "turbo-charging" is completed.

Looks like CBS C is the only real lump of coal so far this christmas (Stretch-O-Vision)

Having the HD Only package the past few months I'll take what I can get. Besides all their programs at the moment are basketball reruns (Why anybody would watch that I don't know). I would imagine that once football starts it'll be in HD. I was actually expecting ESPNU to be lit up and not this channel. Their college football coverage with Trev Alberts and CO is second to Gameday which is a good thing.

I added HBO yesterday in anticipation of this but noticed I now get Encore (340) and never did before but always had Encore W. I am not subscribed to Starz either.

Do you also get Encore when you add HBO?

Last edited:
&ust looking at the new hdchannels and noticed I have the hd version of encore but not the standard. I have the 250 pack so I'm not sure what isgoing on.

Yep, Encore is there and I only have the 250. They must have done the right thing and added it to the 250 package.

Unfortunately no Encore love for HD Absolute subscribers.

For non premium subs, I'd say the whole hullabaloo is a lump of coal.

Here's looking forward to the promised 36 more HDs the rest of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)