It's funny...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I thought I had this stuff down pact. I was eye-ball aiming DBS dishes a few years ago and often getting signal!

I put my FTA setup back together after a long break and I had to laugh at myself with all the mistakes I made.

#1 - I put the reciever in the entertainment center wired it all up and when I went to power it on.... nothing. I took the unit out and was trying to get it to come on on the bench when I found the master power switch on the back :censored:

#2 - I took the fixed Primestar dish off the pole as I had decided to put my motorized dish back up. I replaced the SG2100 hardware since one of the u-bolts broke when I took it down a while back, Putting it back together I totally mis-read the elevation scale and the dish wasn't finding the true South sat. Luckily I found this one pretty quick.

#3 - Once the dish was back on the motor and tracking the arc I put the DiSEqC switch back in the circuit after the motor. This should have been easy enough only the label was long gone so the ports weren't marked. I swear I checked before I started blind scanning but it must have been dumb luck that it worked. I did a detail scan from 58w to 148.... and found 20 channels. I had reversed the circular and linear port numbers :rant:.

I pixed all that and all is well in the little world of my FTA rig. Now I need to find time to get the BUD back up :D.

We all make those mistakes.
Somehow, I bet you found the errors a bit earlier after making them than when you first started doing this...

Mistakes?? I didn't notice any mistakes :rolleyes:. I think that's the way these things are actually installed, how the heck else will you ever learn anything?? :confused:-- Oooooops, I seem to forget SatelliteGuys.US :eek:, well, is there any OTHER way to learn this stuff :eek:???

Seriously, I hope all goes much better with the BUD................:up

Bill:angel:

Oh for sure - this place rocks for learning more than you ever wanted to know about installing FTA.

I think the BUD will be a week-long project when I tackle it. I 'know' it isn't tracking right. When I had the 4DTV I never got it dialed in just the way I wanted. The ends of the arc were always out. It needs some fine tuning of the declination / elevation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)