Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I thought I had this stuff down pact. I was eye-ball aiming DBS dishes a few years ago and often getting signal!

I put my FTA setup back together after a long break and I had to laugh at myself with all the mistakes I made.

#1 - I put the reciever in the entertainment center wired it all up and when I went to power it on.... nothing. I took the unit out and was trying to get it to come on on the bench when I found the master power switch on the back :censored:

#2 - I took the fixed Primestar dish off the pole as I had decided to put my motorized dish back up. I replaced the SG2100 hardware since one of the u-bolts broke when I took it down a while back, Putting it back together I totally mis-read the elevation scale and the dish wasn't finding the true South sat. Luckily I found this one pretty quick.

#3 - Once the dish was back on the motor and tracking the arc I put the DiSEqC switch back in the circuit after the motor. This should have been easy enough only the label was long gone so the ports weren't marked. I swear I checked before I started blind scanning but it must have been dumb luck that it worked. I did a detail scan from 58w to 148.... and found 20 channels. I had reversed the circular and linear port numbers :rant:.

I pixed all that and all is well in the little world of my FTA rig. Now I need to find time to get the BUD back up :D.

We all make those mistakes.
Somehow, I bet you found the errors a bit earlier after making them than when you first started doing this...

Mistakes?? I didn't notice any mistakes :rolleyes:. I think that's the way these things are actually installed, how the heck else will you ever learn anything?? :confused:-- Oooooops, I seem to forget SatelliteGuys.US :eek:, well, is there any OTHER way to learn this stuff :eek:???

Seriously, I hope all goes much better with the BUD................:up

Bill:angel:

Oh for sure - this place rocks for learning more than you ever wanted to know about installing FTA.

I think the BUD will be a week-long project when I tackle it. I 'know' it isn't tracking right. When I had the 4DTV I never got it dialed in just the way I wanted. The ends of the arc were always out. It needs some fine tuning of the declination / elevation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts