Its July 1, 2004 and no software.

vurbano said:
CC= closed caption? Not to knock Vooms deaf customers but is it really a pressing issue? No it is not....

Hmm. Those people with disabilities cause so many problems...
Vurbano, set up another poll: should we abolish the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990? ;)

CC is coffee creamer. That's what I demand of my Voom stb. And it better be tonight or I am quitting.

Seriously folks, we have beaten this topic to death. Anybody for a new thread?

How about that Superman fiasco?

Patience NOW!

Now I'm scared. this forum has pushed voom to hurry and add all these features at the same time. What ever happened to continues improvement, or incremental upgrades?
I feel like we are all hovering over their shoulders and micromanaging their every movement.

Let's let them do their job now so we can second guess them later.

vurbano said:
Aparently 1/3 of those that voted feel differently.

True. I already expressed my opinion of their votes.

The good thing to see is that this thread (as I type) has over 900 hits and only 59 have chosen to vote. I'd say the vast majority find the poll choices not worthy of even casting a vote.

How many of you that don't have all of your digital locals mapped yet through VOOM have your TV connected up to your OTA antenna via an additional ANTENNA input so that you can bypass the VOOM STB and get all of your analog locals in the meantime.
I do, I do. Actually I have a single antenna and I do get all of my OTA Digital with Voom, but I also record my local Analog channels on my Panny E85H and the PQ far exceeds any SD channel I've ever received from V* or E*.

Mr. Biggles said:
True. I already expressed my opinion of their votes.

The good thing to see is that this thread (as I type) has over 900 hits and only 59 have chosen to vote. I'd say the vast majority find the poll choices not worthy of even casting a vote.
O I forgot, people dont come back to the thread to read new posts. Thanks for reminding me of that.Ive seen it take a week to get 200 Voom votes over at AVS. Id say we are doing pretty well in just a few hours :D

I wish I could really trade with all of you out there that aren't getting your locals. I dont think Ive watched more than 15 minutes of any of my local stations, which are all mapped properly. Hence, I am one happy Voomer. The bugs in the box dont really bother me all that much, certainly not enough to leave voom. Personally, I could careless about any new software update >=]

What I would prefer is MORE channels, and BETTER content. Those are the only things I really care about.

andrzej said:
Hmm. Those people with disabilities cause so many problems...
Vurbano, set up another poll: should we abolish the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990? ;)
For some reason you feel the need to turn my post about the importance of providing OTA scanning inorder to keep a large number of Voomers from not leaving into a "Vurbano is slamming ADA voomers arguement". Apparently you do not understand the difference between the two. Closed caption is important but not as urgent a need. Last time I checked Voom didnt have any ADA lawsuits pending. What a ridiculous and typically andreazj comment.

vurbano,
the only think I was trying to say is that what is "urgent" and "important" for you may not be so for other people and conversely.

theph0xx said:
I wish I could really trade with all of you out there that aren't getting your locals. I dont think Ive watched more than 15 minutes of any of my local stations, which are all mapped properly.
Agreed. We wouldn't watch locals if we had 'em. We can't get 'em, mapped or scanned, and we don't miss 'em.

theph0xx said:
What I would prefer is MORE channels, and BETTER content. Those are the only things I really care about.
Totally agree. The software works good enough.

Since they don't want to push new code on weekends, what you say that they'll wait till Tuesday. Then the real fireworks go off.

vurbano said:
O I forgot, people dont come back to the thread to read post. Thanks for reminding me of that.Ive seen it take a week to get 200 Voom votes over at AVS. Id say we are doing pretty well in just a few hours :D

Damn. ;) I knew you would come back with that.

Update: 1244 hits and 67 votes. :)

Even though my locals are not completely mapped, I want the new software to fix that damn stuttering video issue and audio drop outs.

vurbano said:
well the "two weeks away" was apparently a lie as stated on june 14, 2004. That would have put the software release at june 27, 2004. How long will are you willing to be jerked around?

Actually that is the latest 2 week pronouncement. It was stated repeatedly prior to 14 Jun, just two weeks more give or take.

I LOVE Voom, and I WANT well Q/A'd production software, but I don't want Voom to become E* like, late AND bad.

andrzej said:
vurbano,
the only think I was trying to say is that what is "urgent" and "important" for you may not be so for other people and conversely.
you still dont get it. One of the major wounds on this patient is customers who cant get OTA mapped correctly. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that this is a major cause of the Voom churn rate. CC is just a scratch. Get i now?

AS for me, I get all of my OTA channels except a couple of obscure PAX subs. The poll and/or complaint has little to do with me but rather what Voom must do to succeed. And one of the areas Voom is sadly lacking is meeting deadlines and customer confidence.

Voom if you are reading this. People like us, will have other people over for July 4th weekend and see how HD is great and Voom is great and Locals are great in HD... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another missed opportunity.

Mr. Biggles said:
Damn. ;) I knew you would come back with that.

Update: 1244 hits and 67 votes. :)
Well you kinda lobbed up a big fat one to take a swing at. LMAO;)

Pete In Plano said:
But CC is the LAW!!! That might be on the top of the list.

Yep, CC is the law, but as I pointed out on another thread so is the lack of ability to tune to all TV Channels.

Both would be very high in priority. I haven't seen Rainbow Media apply for any waivers of the rules except for meeting their initial milestones.

The CC and OTA functions should have been solved during the "beta testing" period (Oct.03-Feb.04). But then again VOOM could probably argue that they are "still" beta testing the service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)