It's (NOT) official everyone gets free HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Because right now it simply not free yet. this thread is BS . The two years free for exsisting subs are for people who complain about the free hd offer plain and simple. You will get transferd to ace so tehy can add it o the account but other than that. It just how the cookie crumbles

Stone,

Thanks again for being the voice of accuracy here. It makes me wonder why we see threads appear here without obtaining confirmation of facts before posting.

I think I'll call but I'll wait until I call for a ST price reduction request in August.

I will tell you the truth.

People who dont get it are either New customers who have been around less then 6 months or people who just dont pay there bill ... But if you pay your bill pretty regularly ( you dont have to be perfect) then the deal will be given if asked for. if your declined well I really cant go into that.

People who dont get it are either New customers who have been around less then 6 months or people who just dont pay there bill ... But if you pay your bill pretty regularly ( you dont have to be perfect) then the deal will be given if asked for. if your declined well I really cant go into that.

Thanks again for the info :). Sounds like I'll get this deal, never missed a pymt, subs since '99 with Premier, auto-pay.

Thanks stonecold. I was just going to wait, but reading this I called this morning. I asked and it was given for 24 months. It went very quickly and smoothly.

I would just point to the page I just linked. It clearly says no charge for HD and it's free.

What is HD Access?

"HD Access is the name of DIRECTV's HD service. If you have a High-Def TV, you need HD service to get an HD picture. Your TV alone won't give you an HD picture. HD Access provides the HD service you need to see the HD channels available in your TV package. This service is now FREE for as long as you're a DIRECTV customer. No matter how many HD receivers you have in your DIRECTV system, there's no extra charge to receive HD channels."

The wording on that page has now been updated:
HD Access is the name of DIRECTV's HD service. If you have a High-Def TV, you need HD service to get an HD picture. Your TV alone won't give you an HD picture. HD Access provides the HD service you need to see the HD channels available in your TV package. This service is now FREE if you're a new DIRECTV customer. No matter how many HD receivers you have in your DIRECTV system, there's no extra charge to receive HD channels.

"This service is now FREE for as long as you're a DIRECTV customer." Sounds pretty official to me. It's not on the front page yet. It is a Sunday and most likely will be announced next week. By then all CSR's will be on the same page so the CSR roulette madness can end.

BZZZTTTT!

wrong.

What's that they say about ASS-U-me ??

I've been with directv less than a month and they gave it to me. had to haggle a bit more than others. I would have been pissed if they left me out. Wait three weeks and I could have gotten HD for life.

If the free HD is official for existing customers with auto-pay and the necessary sub pkg (I have Premier with auto-pay), why doesn't DTV update all of the qualiyfing customers's online bills without us having to call a CSR to receive this deal?

Because 80-90% of directv's customers dont read sites like this or the various hot/slick/fat deals sites that have talked about the discount, so they wont call to get the discount. Or they're lazy or feel intimidated or feel 'above' calling to ask for it.

So its a lot cheaper for them to let their CSR's be blasted by a few hundred thousands cheap bastards than to just give out the discount for free to everyone.

I'll bet the CSR's dont think this is a good idea, but...

I don't have autopay. I've been a subscriber for 13 years now. I called 1800DIRECTV this morning. I said I'd seen the commerical about DISHNETWORK customers getting free HD and wondered what kind of deals DIRECTV had going on now. She put me on hold then came back and said she could give me $10 off per month for 24 months. She also tried to hook me up with HBO and CINEMAX at a discounted rate but I passed on that. I figured since I just got $10/month off for 24 months I didn't feel like adding another $14/month to my bill for the HBO/CINEMAX deal.

I first emailed asking what I had to do for the free HD access. Don't know if the reply was an answer or commercial but it wasn't clear what action I should do other than call....
politely ask the CSR if I qualified and she politely said yes for the next 24 months. It should show up on the next bill however won't know if it's an offsetting credit or a flat $10 off.
Didn't have to change package, mine isn't one of their currect packages. I already am on autopay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)