Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Expands High-Definition Package with Addition of VOOM Programming
Friday April 29, 8:07 am ET
Lineup Will Include 10 Original VOOM HD Channels

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 29, 2005--EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH - News) announced that its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service will expand its high-definition television (HDTV) package by adding 10 original VOOM HD networks, expected to be available May 1, 2005. With the addition of these originals to its current slate of HD programming, DISH Network further establishes itself as the leader in high-definition TV.

The 10 VOOM HD networks will include RUSH HD, Gallery HD, Rave HD, Ultra HD, Equator HD, Monsters HD, Animania HD, Majestic HD, HD News and Guy TV HD. These networks will give viewers a high-def experience in such entertainment categories as science fiction, fashion, travel, music concerts and more.

"The addition of these original channels makes the DISH Network high definition package the best in the pay-TV industry," said Eric Sahl, vice president of programming for EchoStar. "With programming offering the finest clarity and resolution, customers enjoy a better TV watching experience."

Customers can sign a one-year agreement and receive six free months of HD programming with high-definition receivers in up to two rooms at no charge. For a limited time, those who sign up can also receive more than 180 standard definition channels for only $19.99 a month for the first three months, plus a free DVR upgrade, with next-day installation.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com , call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer. For downloadable, print quality images of DISH Network equipment, installations or the DISH Network logo, visit www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml .

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH - News) serves more than 11 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. DISH Network ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EchoStar Communications Corporation
Mark Cicero, 720-514-5065
mark.cicero@echostar.com

Yes i Knew it voom will live forever

God Bless Voom She has 9 lives, she will never leave us. Thank you Dish Network for saving Voom.

Scott Thanks for Breaking the news for Us Yesterday. Satellite Guys deserves this this will bring new life to this forum. Voom and Dish are getting married.

This is the happiest day of my life

Signed up for DISH

Frontier has a package deal, Phone service, DSL, Dish for $99. I upgraded

Dish 180
942 HD DVR
HD pack
300min long distance calling

124.99 = Phone, Dish, DSL
4.95 for 942 rental
9.99 for HD programing

$250 DVR setup

I would drop it all for including the DVR for VOOM, Can anyone tell me what to expect for PQ with the 942?

Dish just blew Direct Tv and spaceway away

Dish Network just blew Direct Tv and Spaceway to Outer Space.

Now for the details what satellite, what receiver, when, how .. doesn't matter voom is alive. Just so funny seeing the other trolls posting , Voom is dead, Why voom died, etc.................troll eulogy.

Today was supposed to be the last day of voom, now it is only the beginning of a new chapter for voom...(VOOM is TOAST, Let's move on !) said one post . It was so sad to see this all month. I knew their was a knight in shining armor. Mr Charles Dolan would not let us down

We get Voom and 942 HD DVR on the same day, this is too much. We need some champagne. I just signed on to Dish last Saturday , again and got my 942. What fate

good going voom and dishnetwork, im glad i got dishnetwork, give directv a run for there money!!! i love it!!!

Now if Comcast will announce getting MosterHD, EquatorHD & maybe KungfuHD I'd be happy. None of the others Dish grabed really matter to me. Still its good news for Dish ppl I guess.

I called CSR havent heard about it

I called Dish network and the csr was so shocked when i read the business wire , to him, he had me reread it to three other csr. They are were very merry , i heard cheering in background. Voom 10 is not in their system yet, so we may have to wait a few hours. Rumour has it that programming will be available off 61.5, which is great for all us ex voomers.

The great thing is voom has a sugar dady with 10 MILLLLLLLLLLLLLIOON subscribers, not 45,000, so we can sleep in peace knowing voom is safe , and we never have to worry about her demise again.

I will patiently wait untill Comcast picks up the Voom programming. I was with Dish for many years (in fact I left them for Voom) and I'm not going back.

Thanks Scott, good news for a change! Awaiting details on how to best make the Voom to Dish switch. Will the same dish/satellite work? Best deal? I guess I'm going to need to monitor the Dish forum now.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 10 VOOM HD networks will include RUSH HD, Gallery HD, Rave HD, Ultra HD, Equator HD, Monsters HD, Animania HD, Majestic HD, HD News and Guy TV HD. These networks will give viewers a high-def experience in such entertainment categories as science fiction, fashion, travel, music concerts and more.

While I am glad to see some of the programming continue, especially Monsters, I would rather have seen Worldsport and Kung Fu instead of Ultra and Gallery. Knowing Charlie's love of international programming it surprises me he didn't take Worldsport. Oh well! Be happy with what you get.

No worldsport = no dice. That decision just makes no sense. Or has Dolan decided covering WS is too expensive??????

Thank God I cancelled yesterday's Comcast install. I will call DISH tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)