It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

Voom at Dish network

Voom service reps are clueless. I spoke to one who moved me up to next two echelons and they knew nothing about Voom channels. They actually thinked me for bringing it to there attention :shocked

truggy0 said:
I think watching Voom go dark is more painful...............
So does this mean when I wake up tomorrow I wont have Voom, or is it late Sunday night 3am???

Yes, I'm a little confused about this too. Should I stay up late tonight to see voom go dark, or is it not going dark until tomorrow night?

Here is whasi I was just told voom will post a message on all channels at 3am that say to call E* and the OTA will not work.

And if you had E* and a Past bill ( Money Owed ) You may be able to still get E* but to wait untill later on in the day of may 1st to call.

I was just on the phone with the CSR for 45 mins...

and its a $100.00 plus the install to get the ten voom channels( on 61.5) ( to rich for my blood ) but its a free install for the channels on 110 and 119.

Later
The noob here
AFKsky

The release on Friday stated that the deal would include the HD pack free for 6 months. I have not heard anyone quoting a CSR saying that. After 6 months I would assume the HD pack+ VOOM would be $15?

Yes, Dish's HD pack would be free for 6 months, that has been that way for a while.

This is exactly why I kept the Dish HD pack active, all I have to do is take the sat cable from my Voom stb, run the cable from it and my 6000 through a switch and I'm all set to go. $0 dollars. All I have to do is call and get the programming.

Darryl P get a 942

Darryl get a 942, i have a 6000, i updated to a 942, my god it is like nite and day the pricture quality , specially on SD. it has a new updated video driver that makes the picture very sharplike and resolute. It is 40% better, and plus you have a dvr.

CSR told me today that new HD pack subs would get $5/mo rate for 12 months.

They are scrolling on family channel (thunderbirds) that the offer is up to 4 rooms for free, HD receivers, free install, and $19.99 for the first 3 months. 1-800-969-HDTV (I think).

calikarim said:
Darryl get a 942, i have a 6000, i updated to a 942, my god it is like nite and day the pricture quality , specially on SD. it has a new updated video driver that makes the picture very sharplike and resolute. It is 40% better, and plus you have a dvr.
I'm an existing customer, so they woud stick it to me for a 942, however, I do have a roommate that could sign up as a "new" customer. :D I was browsing the All Subbed channels tonight and was pleasantly surprised at how much the SD channels have improved since the last time I looked at them. They are not as good as Voom was, but at least I could watch them. I would jump on a 942 if I could be assured that I would have an upgrade path inexpensively to MPEG-4.

What is real deal with Direct TV did I hear that they are going to have a a new HD lineup? If it's going to be good should I go the way of direct TV or is Dish network still the best bet.

Help! I have not had much time to follow this and I need someone to help cut through all the BS.

So all things considered and price no object, if im looking for hdpvr and a solid hd lineup should I go with "Dish Network" or "Direct TV"?

Has anyone actually get a hd-dvr from dish so far?

Greetings:

I am curious as to whether anyone has actually got the hd-dvr from Dish network with the voom offer? I call and the csr's are pretty dumb telling me that I can have 4 sd boxes but not any hd boxes... I had 6 voom boxes and loved it. I currently have 3 hdtv setups, but hope to have another by the end of this year in another room since I have to replace a tv anyways. Ideally I would get an hd-dvr and 3 additional hd recievers for the other (non-primary viewing) rooms.

Anyone know anything yet? Thanks - Russ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts