It's Only TV! (?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbos said:
Ya, You probably got more of the storm that went thru the Horseshoe Saturday, I was hoping for the thunderstorms they had forcast for the w/e, but no such luck, at least I was able to get my grass cut this way!!!

Jimbo

we got about 30-25 mph wind gusts which was good, now I will kinda relax about my alien ship that sits on my roof :) actually it rained pretty good here for awhile and I didnt lose signal, but not like I wanted it to, I wanted to see what this puppy could do, the lowest it ever dropped down in the rain was 92 out of 100 on my 101, and it usually is 95-96

JBKing said:
Now, if and/or when D* is offering more HD content than E* (possibly next fall), will these same arguments be valid? Will everyone be jumping ship to D* because they may (for the time being) have a few extra HD channels than E* (hypothetically speaking).
I enjoyed the original Voom PQ the most.

When Voom shut down, I enjoyed the first version of Voom on E*.

If the future D* sat capable of 150 national HD channels transmits fewer HD channels than E* but in full HD and good bandwidth, then I will switch to them in the fall of 2007.

rkr0923 said:
Come to Bama, you can get all the storms you want. And yes, you will lose signal no matter what kinda dish you have
That because you don't know how to align and fine tune yours...
Everyone loses signal for a few minutes now and then from the weather, it all depends how long it takes to come back on.
I'm counting on being down for a minute or so and thats it.
Up here in the Midwest we get PLENTY of thunder storms around here.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
That because you don't know how to align and fine tune yours...
Everyone loses signal for a few minutes now and then from the weather, it all depends how long it takes to come back on.
I'm counting on being down for a minute or so and thats it.
Up here in the Midwest we get PLENTY of thunder storms around here.

Jimbo

LOL, oh really, glad you know so much about my setup Mr Knowitall
when the sky is black as coal and tornado sirens are wailing, you WILL lose your signal for a bit I don't care how good you have it locked in
and i didn't say you would lose it for days, I said you would lose signal

Last edited:
rkr0923 said:
LOL, oh really, glad you know so much about my setup Mr Knowitall
when the sky is black as coal and tornado sirens are wailing, you WILL lose your signal for a bit I don't care how good you have it locked in
and i didn't say you would lose it for days, I said you would lose signal
Gee I think I said the same thing in my post that you quoted.

Originally posted by Jimbos:

As for Mr knowitall as you stated, I am far from it, however I have learned a ton since I first started to play with D*, I have always done all my own work and read to learn from others far more intellegent than me.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)