It's Time To Help Those Who Are Helping Us!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DSR 922, 2002, TDT1920 unable to load X4 so did MR. Conversion OK 897 channels now. After MR and before conversion 24 Sats, after conversion 26 Sats, X4 and X0 were added during conversion.
Hope that helps.

I remember saying that I probably didn't know what I was talking about earlier, and it seems so far, I was right. Based on what has been reported up to now, the older receiver had problems and the newer ones had less problems. It's still early and who knows, the numbers could change in my favor yet.

Greshg, thanks for the information and yes it does help.

GI DSR922, 2001, alternate procedure, 4783 channels

Stoker,

I have a DSR 922 with 4783 channels. I looked the unit over for a MFG date but can't find it. I did the 4 step but I don't know what the count was before the change.

Here is the satellites in memory of 922

I can confirm there are -NO- generics after you do a MR. In the 922 memory $, these are the satellite tiles, these would be the only ones after you do a MR.
B6 W2 W3 T4 G7 T6 G3 T5 G6
W4 W1 K1 E2 A2 M1 M5 G0 G5 G9
T7 C3 G1 C4 C1

For a total of 24 satellites. The last update I got off of G1-3 yielded 66 satellites, but obviously no longer available. I have 66 satellites available, but still have only the 24 in memory, just dying to handicap my box. BTW, I too have 4783 channels running 4096, EC F/W

920 receiver, manufacture 1999 day246
Firmware 6D
X4 in place before Jan 1.
originally 4 step converted with approx 4900 channels,
tdt was at 1714 (maybe 1712) before the conversion (didn't check after).
Channel count after conversion about 5000.
Everything appeared okay for about 24 hours. All X4 channels and guide
were working.

Then Maps became corrupted while changing channels and a MR was performed.
So essentially a MR equals the 7 step conversion (not sure as I didn't tune using the channels
suggested by Skyvision, but instead G9-1 on the 105 position and manual tune)

After MR and reload of maps all X4 channels okay. Guide works well.
Channel count is 998 and TDT now 979.

Other 920 year 1999 also converted uisng 4 step. Also FW 6D.
Same TDT and channels count before conversion. I had done a MR on this receiver Dec 30, due to missing CF, CG tiles.
After that all generics were loaded and in memory. Manually loaded X4 before Jan 1.

Same thing happened while changing channels after ~ 20 hours. Lock up and corrupted / missing maps
After MR all working again.
Post MR and reload X4 maps, Channels at 996, before I swapped in the second 920.
Not currently plugged in to check, but the receivers act identically and I had checked channel coutn before swapping in other 920.

Last edited:
This is great information and everyone who owns a 922, 920 or 905 really owe all of you a pat on the back.

There is nothing scientific about the info supplied here, but it does seem that the older receivers had less trouble and higher channel counts. That should make sense, after all, as motorola probably added some little tricks into the receivers as the years passed. Anyone have an older 922 they don't need? Just kidding, but it would be interesting to compare a 2005 with a 2001. More secrets maybe. I might be wrong again, but it is something to think about.

We have a good sampling now, but lest not stop just yet. Responses for some years are still missing and we need them.

Thanks and your help is appreciated. Stoker

8' dish - DSR 922, Not sure when manufactured but receipt shows 11/2001 (any way to tell MD electronically?). Had X4 as C-Band. Did the four step conversion with no problems, 4783 channel count and all works fine.

Tumbleweeds,

Check out post #25 this thread and click on image. It is easy to find your year.

Thanks for helping out. Stoker

I would like to thank everyone who read these posts and a special thanks to those of you who took the time to find the information and then posted it. I believe that Tvropro is correct that sometime in the future, and I hope not to long, a way will be found to restore our maps to pre 1/4/11 condition. If that happens then all the effort you gave to help all of us will have been worth it.

I would ask at this point for everyone to join in for a group hug.....Thanks, Stoker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts