iTV - Apple's next product?

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
It could well be one of the elements of the mosaic left by the just departed CEO
Is the television screen Apple’s next conquest?

url5.png

If nothing else, this story is "contagious" for one reason: it would explain why
Apple never applied the famous i-moniker to the name of their hobby, AppleTV...:)

If this does happen, how long before they start suing every other TV manufacturer?

Diogen.

It could well be one of the elements of the mosaic left by the just departed CEO
Is the television screen Apple’s next conquest?

url5.png

If nothing else, this story is "contagious" for one reason: it would explain why
Apple never applied the famous i-moniker to the name of their hobby, AppleTV...:)

If this does happen, how long before they start suing every other TV manufacturer?

Diogen.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :facepalm

Not at all certain how there is anything new in this; its not like rumors of an AppleTV powered TV is new.

Eventually I suspect Apple will find some reason to sue you. :) :D

This device would be for people too technology-impaired to figure out how to connect HDMI and power cables to a standalone AppleTV box.

This device would be for people too technology-impaired to figure out how to connect HDMI and power cables to a standalone AppleTV box.

No different than tv's providing access to netflix and streaming services within the TV itself; just eliminates the Apple TV box. Don't see it as a thing for morons, as much as a value-added tv. BUT of course, the tv itself is probably over-priced. :)

If this is an AppleTV buried inside of an "exceptional quality" TV, I don't know if I get the point, unless Apple wants to eliminate outputting HDCP to an unknown TV. If they think there is a problem with people's Internet TVs and they want to address it, I still think the set-top model of the AppleTV works if that's what you want.

The Consumer Electronics industry has a lot of experience delivering a good product for a reasonable price after all these years. Unless an "iTV" was smart enough to show me only those channels that are showing programming that I want to watch, it's going to cost more than an AppleTV paired with someone else's LCD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts