Just ordered some touchpads

thirsty1258

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
phx
Like title days hopefully they ship. Is there anyone running one and are there any apps that work with direct tv stuff ?

sent from my thunderbolt

Like title days hopefully they ship. Is there anyone running one and are there any apps that work with direct tv stuff ?

I got in on that action as well. I have a feeling with the amount of units going out the door (something like 400,000 in the last 48 hours) there will be a short term burst in app development (and then we can move over to android when the port is completed.)

Currently pre/pixi apps should run with the built in emulator.

I've git the same thought. I will use webos but hope Android gets ported. I haven't revived mine yet. Ordered from HP.com. getting a Lil worried.

sent from my thunderbolt

I'm not seeing a whole lot of work on XDA concerning it. I thought about picking one up at the fire sale prices but ultimately going to pass.

It was a huge pain in the ass but I think my orders went through. For 99 bucks just to load it with movies its worth it. It will keep the kids busy on a plane or in the car when they can't decide what to watch on the dvd player

sent from my thunderbolt

It was a huge pain in the ass but I think my orders went through. For 99 bucks just to load it with movies its worth it. It will keep the kids busy on a plane or in the car when they can't decide what to watch on the dvd player

sent from my thunderbolt

Where did you order from? I am trying to find one to order

I highly doubt anyone, especially big devs, wants to waste time now on WebOS. As a dev myself I prefer iOS, then after that WebOS, then WM7, then Android, however I won't waste time in it now...

That being said I'm trying to pick one up as well just to play with. Each time I used one though in the store it made me really appreciate my iPad 2.

I highly doubt anyone, especially big devs, wants to waste time now on WebOS. As a dev myself I prefer iOS, then after that WebOS, then WM7, then Android, however I won't waste time in it now...

That being said I'm trying to pick one up as well just to play with. Each time I used one though in the store it made me really appreciate my iPad 2.

While I mostly agree, I also think the strategy behind the firesale was to make WebOS more attractive to a potential buyer by expanding the installed user base. WebOS isn't dead just yet (especially with what could turn out to be a million new users in a week) - it is just on life support.

That said, this tablet will be getting android. It is only a matter of time.

Where did you order from? I am trying to find one to order

Keep an eye on Walmart and HP.com as both show that new inventory will be coming soon. There is still inventory coming from the production facilities before the halt and there is inventory from retails that sent their stock back to HP because they did not want to deal with the firesale fiasco.

Yes I got mine ordered at best buy. Received 1 so far and a couple at HP.com for family

sent from my thunderbolt

Here is an interesting strategy.

Discontinue your product which isn't selling. Drop it to firesale prices. Sell out as people want a $500 device for $100.

THEN make more devices.

HP to make more TouchPads - Computerworld

And still sell it at a loss??

See: http://www.isuppli.com/Teardowns/News/Pages/HP-TouchPad-Carries-$318-Bill-of-Materials.aspx

Here is an interesting strategy.

Discontinue your product which isn't selling. Drop it to firesale prices. Sell out as people want a $500 device for $100.

THEN make more devices.

HP to make more TouchPads - Computerworld

And still sell it at a loss??

See: http://www.isuppli.com/Teardowns/News/Pages/HP-TouchPad-Carries-$318-Bill-of-Materials.aspx

My thought would be that they had already contracted to make X number of devices and would have to pay for them anyways (i.e. already bought parts), may as well make them and at least get some money back vs just throwing away the money.

mike123abc said:
My thought would be that they had already contracted to make X number of devices and would have to pay for them anyways (i.e. already bought parts), may as well make them and at least get some money back vs just throwing away the money.

That is what had been said, they had all the parts and the demand is there so might as well get what you can lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)