Jail Breaking- Heard a rumor- Is it true?

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Heard a rumor today that the guy who does the jailbreaking has been hired by Apple and is now working for the company in a capacity that uses his specialty.

Is this true and if so what does that mean for those who use jailbreaking?

Thanks for the info and the link. Hope Apple keeps him happy. If they now cut him loose, he could become a real threat. Money ( something Apple has more of than talent and they already have lots of talent) is always a good magnet for these hackers.

Thanks for the info and the link. Hope Apple keeps him happy. If they now cut him loose, he could become a real threat. Money ( something Apple has more of than talent and they already have lots of talent) is always a good magnet for these hackers.

I am sure he has signed more non-disclosure agreements, and would be subject to a mother of a lawsuit if he did that. But Diogen is our resident lawsuit expert ;) :)

No, he is fixated about Apple lawsuits. Was joking. :)

Oh. Not far from the norm then for him. I think the politics of tech corporate world is his soap opera fascination. Therefore, not one into such fantasy, I find most of his posts boring and ignore them.

Hey- I've been involved in one tech suit of patent infringement. It was two chemical companies. I had to testify on the behalf of the defendant on some technical aspects of the case. I really didn't know much about the details of the infringement but just answered the questions pertaining to the process and the catalyst in use. Never heard how it came out because the case was settled out of court for undisclosed terms.

tva- money has a strange way of changing even the most diehard idealist, doesn't it?

Between jailbreakme 2 and jailbreakme 3, he got about $60K in donations. That's a pretty good profit for a teenager working part-time.
He might learn one day that having a clue about the topic of discussion helps in preventing to look like an idiot...

Diogen.

Between jailbreakme 2 and jailbreakme 3, he got about $60K in donations. That's a pretty good profit for a teenager working part-time.

Profit? If that's what he got I'm sure he reported his income , I hope. After taxes it would be much less then that depending how he reports the income . And if he believes that's the way to make money he should continue to do so. But the fact is that hackers don't get rich hacking . If he wants to hack as a career then good luck to him, he's going to need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts