I've Got VOOM!

9thtee

Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Hi all,
My VOOM system was installed yesterday and so far, pretty impressed.

The install went pretty well. The installer said this was his 8th Voom install and he knew what he was doing. He was on time and it took him about 3 hours from start to finish.

One thing. NONE of the locals work. If you tune to a local channel, it says Fault on channel xxx and then says no signal. The installer called Voom about this and was told it was the receiver and would be fixed. Although I am 35 miles away, I still get all of the local channels I should on my Hughes HD receiver. We even tried using my antenna with the same result. I see prople talking about lineup problems but is not getting any locals a general problem?? I really don't know that this is an issue as I am keeping the DirecTV receiver and it combines the sat, antenna and cable very nicely. I was only getting the VOOM for the sat portion anyway but it would be nice it it worked. I called VOOM about this last night and was told that there were "all kinds of problems with locals and Motorola was working on it"...

9thTee

9thtee,

Glad to hear that your installation went so smooth. It looks like the installation process has improved tremendously. I believe VOOM has listened and these improvements shows the commitment they have made to make the system better.

Regarding your installation. Yes, you are having a local mapping problem. It is good that you let customer service know but also send an e-mail to Wilt at: wilth@optonline.net with the following information: your name, address, with zipcode, and phone number.

Give it three to four days for them to load your local information, it will be good if you send him the list of channels that you are supposed to get in your area. Don't say CBS but the actual digital channel description like 44-2 WCBS (example). He will give this information to the technical support group that is working on the mapping. They will map your locals and in about three to four days, you should get your locals.

If you have not received your locals in three to four days, post again and I will direct you to do a factory reset which had work with a few people. I never did a factory reset and my box is working perfectly as of today.

VOOM is working on manual scan for locals. It will come in the next software upgrade due next January-February.

Welcome to VOOM Land and enjoy the show. Let us know what are your impressions about the system once you had an opportunity to sit down and watch the programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts