I've lost closed captioning on TCM. Am I alone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm showing no CC on TCM. All other channels work AFAIK.

Changed from 1 to 0 - did not help.

Maybe these old movies haven't been captioned?

I'm showing no CC on TCM. All other channels work AFAIK.

Changed from 1 to 0 - did not help.

Maybe these old movies haven't been captioned?
I think they are captioned. Watching on the TCM app shows captions. I’m having problems with TCM, all other channels I’ve tried work, and on all the 7 settings.

My CC is not working on TCM. I had it set on 0 for many months but for the past week, it’s been showing nothing but gobbly gook. Most of the time, nothing shows, but every once in a while it pops up and shows nonsense. Dokicne #%@/ojkwo that kind of stuff. I think I have a bad Hopper3.
I think they are captioned. Watching on the TCM app shows captions. I’m having problems with TCM, all other channels I’ve tried work, and on all the 7 settings.
And because closed captioning works everywhere else but TCM proves that you don't have a bad Hopper 3.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The only captioning that TCM really has control over is what they produce in their own studio like Robert O.'s intros. I imagine it's the same system as is used on network newscasts where the captioning is added by the same computer that runs teleprompter as the person s reading.

The captioning of films is the responsibility of the studios and distributors. I know that TCM requests captioned versions, but there's no guarantee that they'll get them. While American studios have made great strides in captioning their films, I believe most of the rarely seen British films that TCM shows come from a European distributor and I'm not sure how much of an effort is being made to caption films over there.

Closed Captioning

And because closed captioning works everywhere else but TCM proves that you don't have a bad Hopper 3.
Sorry, I was making an excuse for my lack of CC because I have a bad hopper.. it’s not the CC that I base that fact on. I have spent $300 on two EHD, my hopper doesn’t recognize them, I have no recordings but continue to get a pop up every 30 seconds saying ‘disk full’ error310 which makes TV viewing impossible, and that is what I based that on after several unsuccessful calls to DISH Since January 17. The CC is the least of what concluded that.

I just checked as well and no cc on TCM, even though the movie description shows cc. However, as someone said earlier the TCM app does have captions.

From the TCM website:

Q: Why aren't all of your films Closed Captioned (CC)?

A: Many films shown on TCM are provided by other companies and closed captions are not always provided, especially for the older titles. However, any film available with closed captions to TCM will be broadcast with them, and TCM is continually working to provide closed captions for many of the films we broadcast. TCM will continue to add more titles to our library of CC’d films every month as they become available.

Captions are still working fine (on C1) for me since my last post. Live and DVRed movies (and I've been recording a lot this past week). Currently watching Fury

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts