Iverson rumored trade to the Pistons!

Wow things sure are boring in Denver these days...;)

Sandra

Yes they are. The difference between the two is 1 in the loss column and Denver does not have Cleveland in there division. Yet look at that, BOTH in 2nd place. IF it were for the Cavs BOTH one of the best teams in the league AND one of the hottest, the Pistons would be in 1st place.

...but shoulda, woulda, coulda I guess....I mean IF the trade was never pulled, the Pistons could have been 18-2, 19-1 or maybe UNDEFEATED...!!!:eek::rolleyes:

...stick to your owns words:

....the first week or even month is not what really matters anyway. What is going to matter is the playoffs......

Yes they are. The difference between the two is 1 in the loss column and Denver does not have Cleveland in there division. Yet look at that, BOTH in 2nd place. IF it were for the Cavs BOTH one of the best teams in the league AND one of the hottest, the Pistons would be in 1st place.

...but shoulda, woulda, coulda I guess....I mean IF the trade was never pulled, the Pistons could have been 18-2, 19-1 or maybe UNDEFEATED...!!!:eek::rolleyes:

...stick to your owns words:

You really need to calm down. All I said were things are boring in Denver. And they are. No drama. Everything you threw in there about records was unrelated to what I said.

Seems like you want to pick a fight about anything and everything regarding Iverson.

Well you're going to be arguing with yourself here, I'll just restate...

This sure are boring in Denver these days. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Sandra,

it seems like you have been living in the Allen Iverson threads for weeks.

Care to contribute to our college football bowl games thread? Your Buckeyes are going West!

I really don't enjoy discussing college football here, as there are some people who see things very narrowly. When it involves some things, it's fun. When it involves my beloved Buckeyes, it's not.

I've lived and breathed Ohio State football since I was 8. Now I come here and say something about Tressel getting outcoached, and people go bananas. The truth is, I really enjoyed watching Meyer and Saban match wits for three hours on Saturday. Changing things, trying different things, Saban keeping his team in it despite being outmanned, Meyer altering his game plan on the fly because his best weapon didn't play, etc.

And two very well coached teams, there were like 70 yards in penalties the entire game.

And these are two guys I dislike. I could picture Tressel in that environment watching his team get off to a good start...AGAIN...and then watching his team fall apart...AGAIN. And then doing nothing to alter momentum...AGAIN.

And then you come here and people rattle off how good Terrelle Pryor is going to be in a couple of years...I agree, but neither James Laurinitis or I knew this was a rebuilding year, or that Tressel was going to hold back on his good coaching until Pryor is ready for it.

Sandra

You really need to calm down. All I said were things are boring in Denver. And they are. No drama. Everything you threw in there about records was unrelated to what I said.

Seems like you want to pick a fight about anything and everything regarding Iverson.

Well you're going to be arguing with yourself here, I'll just restate...

This sure are boring in Denver these days. :rolleyes:

Sandra

LMAO! oohhh...Sandra....I have 5 sisters....I know WHY they say things and WHY they say it a certain way....

...but hey, I guess I will "calm down".....:rolleyes:;)

I really don't enjoy discussing college football here, as there are some people who see things very narrowly. When it involves some things, it's fun. When it involves my beloved Buckeyes, it's not.

I've lived and breathed Ohio State football since I was 8. Now I come here and say something about Tressel getting outcoached, and people go bananas. The truth is, I really enjoyed watching Meyer and Saban match wits for three hours on Saturday. Changing things, trying different things, Saban keeping his team in it despite being outmanned, Meyer altering his game plan on the fly because his best weapon didn't play, etc.

And two very well coached teams, there were like 70 yards in penalties the entire game.

And these are two guys I dislike. I could picture Tressel in that environment watching his team get off to a good start...AGAIN...and then watching his team fall apart...AGAIN. And then doing nothing to alter momentum...AGAIN.

And then you come here and people rattle off how good Terrelle Pryor is going to be in a couple of years...I agree, but neither James Laurinitis or I knew this was a rebuilding year, or that Tressel was going to hold back on his good coaching until Pryor is ready for it.

Sandra

So you'll debate Salsa on the Iverson trade through 2 separate threads and 300 posts, but you won't contribute to a discussion on college sports with those who may/may not have a difference of opinion to yours? Sorry Sandra, but I don't get your logic on this one.

So you'll debate Salsa on the Iverson trade through 2 separate threads and 300 posts, but you won't contribute to a discussion on college sports with those who may/may not have a difference of opinion to yours? Sorry Sandra, but I don't get your logic on this one.

The difference is, I don't know Iverson and, this thread to the contrary, don't really care about him. But I do like Chauncey Billups.

The Buckeyes are too near and dear to my heart, and on this forum I seem to wind up debating against Tressel since there are so many fan-boys who worship his every move. I don't worship his every move, I hold him to the same standard as I hold everyone else. And right now he's on my 'Eric Mangini' list of coaches who I think get outcoached way too often in big games.

When Tressel proves me wrong again (like have his team show up and play well, and have him coach well, in a big game), I'll say so. But until then I have no interest in being the person here who bashes Tressel.

Get it now?

Sandra

I have no idea what the hell is REALLY going on with this team, but I'm betting Curry's job will be on the line soon, if he don't fix this. I read today that he's contemplating starting Stuckey. So who's coming off the bench? Iverson? I doubt it. So that leaves Hamilton. The sh*t is going to hit the fan soon.
You may be on to something. I really like Massaman, Panang, Red, Yellow, Green, Bull, and Flying Fred Curry...but I can't say I like Michael Curry. Perhaps the Pistons can trade coaches with Charlotte --> Michael Curry for Larry Brown.

It appears that Kwame Brown is the guy hitting the bench tonight. Prince moves to PF and Hamilton to SF, and AI to SG. Small line-up, but that seems to be the wave in the NBA these days.

Interesting comments....where did you find that "the fans are ecstatic that management dumped Iverson".....I am curious?

I bet at the very least Carmelo is ecstatic...:)

33 point in one period TIED an NBA record?!?

(That's like when Dajuan Wagner scored 100 point in a high school game, as his team beat a low-level team something like 124 - 30. It was lovely. Up 80 points, Wagner was still on the court, raining threes and dunks. Then we found out the next day poor Dajuan wasn't even the big scorer of the day, as someone in Texas scored 106 that night, in an equally embarassing victory.)

Yes, I have a feeling Nugget fans have smiles on their faces these days...I don't think a link is necessary, just watch a home game.

Mandatory salsa retort coming in 3...2...1...

Sandra

I bet at the very least Carmelo is ecstatic...:)

33 point in one period TIED an NBA record?!?

(That's like when Dajuan Wagner scored 100 point in a high school game, as his team beat a low-level team something like 124 - 30. It was lovely. Up 80 points, Wagner was still on the court, raining threes and dunks. Then we found out the next day poor Dajuan wasn't even the big scorer of the day, as someone in Texas scored 106 that night, in an equally embarassing victory.)

Yes, I have a feeling Nugget fans have smiles on their faces these days...I don't think a link is necessary, just watch a home game.

Mandatory salsa retort coming in 3...2...1...

Sandra

LOL! Do you WANT me to chase you around?!!:p

I'm sure he is. Chances are Mello doesn't get 33 if A.I. is on the team. A.I doesn't like to share the ball as much as Billups does.

LMAO!!! Gotta love assumption....have you check BOTH career and this season AVERAGE assists per game between the two?? have you? Let's see, this season....Iverson averages about 5.7 assists per game, Chaunsey, 6.9 ....nothing glaring there.

And for their career....looky looky...IVERSON averages MORE assists per game than Billups, 6.6 to 5.5.

So THAT theory that Iverson does not share the ball, is shot...or at the very least, according to the numbers, if Iverson does not like to share the ball, that would make Billups a blackhole....LOL!:rolleyes:;)

LMAO!!! Gotta love assumption....have you check BOTH career and this season AVERAGE assists per game between the two?? have you? Let's see, this season....Iverson averages about 5.7 assists per game, Chaunsey, 6.9 ....nothing glaring there.

And for their career....looky looky...IVERSON averages MORE assists per game than Billups, 6.6 to 5.5.

So THAT theory that Iverson does not share the ball, is shot...or at the very least, according to the numbers, if Iverson does not like to share the ball, that would make Billups a blackhole....LOL!:rolleyes:;)

Statistics are wonderful...you can make them prove any point you like.

Here is the most imporant statistic. Perhaps Carmelo will score more total points in the playoffs this year than in years past. Anyone want to guess why?

Sandra

Memphis Being Stripped of FF Appearance

Why is Jim Rice disrespecting Derek Jeter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)