Jacksonville head coach fired.

As far as who's next to get a pink slip, Coughlin and Reid have a little more "juice" (or at least they should) when it comes to being a head coach in the NFL.

Coughlin has won a Super Bowl, and Reid has a Super Bowl appearance as well as the best record in the NFC over the last decade.

Seriously, what has Norv Turner ever done (as a HEAD coach) to keep getting chance after chance?

norv turner has done nothing. he was a good offensive coordinator at best when in dallas back in the jimmy johnson days. he did a terrible job here in miami too. honestly, i'd take marty over norv any day.....

As far as who's next to get a pink slip, Coughlin and Reid have a litlle more "juice" (or at least they should) when it comes to being a head coach in the NFL.

Coughlin has won a Super Bowl, and Reid has a Super Bowl appearance as well as the best record in the NFC over the last decade.

Seriously, what has Norv Turner ever done (as a HEAD coach) to keep getting chance after chance?

As far as who's next to get a pink slip, Coughlin and Reid have a little more "juice" (or at least they should) when it comes to being a head coach in the NFL.

IF Coughlin is out...the Dolphins are screwed. And IF Norv is out...the Dolphins are screwed. There has been plenty of talk that Cowher WOULD LOVE the Giants job and there have been plenty of Fisher, being good friends of the Chargers ownership AND be a souther California boy... would love that job.

What do both have in common... good teams with established QBs...

Yep. Depends if the fan base gets their way. They're besides themselves wanting Reid out right now.

Sandra

If Jeffrey Lurie polled the fan base before every move, they would've kept McNabb a year too long and Kolb would've been QB-ing this team instead of Vick. Good think the Eagles don't operate like that.

Possess incriminating photos of Dean Spanos??

IF Coughlin is out...the Dolphins are screwed. And IF Norv is out...the Dolphins are screwed. There has been plenty of talk that Cowher WOULD LOVE the Giants job and there have been plenty of Fisher, being good friends of the Chargers ownership AND be a souther California boy... would love that job.

What do both have in common... good teams with established QBs...
oh jeez don't tell me that!!!!

If Jeffrey Lurie polled the fan base before every move, they would've kept McNabb a year too long and Kolb would've been QB-ing this team instead of Vick. Good think the Eagles don't operate like that.

It's not about every move...but with any fan base, they all have an opinion regarding the head coach. ESPECIALLY Philly. They wanted him out two years ago...Lurie disagreed.

This time he may agree, unless the team shows some life down the stretch. I'm a Reid fan, but has has been there a LONG time. A change might be in order.

Sandra

How much worse off would they be than they are now?? Lighter on the salary cap, for sure....

I said spit out Bill, not swallow! There is a difference! :devil: :D

Sandra
823742345_TheOffice_ThatsWhatSheSaid_Michael_xlarge.jpeg

How much worse off would they be than they are now?? Lighter on the salary cap, for sure....

they would be worse with kolb is my feeling. he hasn't done anything in arizona. there was too much hype surrounding a guy who had such a small body of work.

they would be worse with kolb is my feeling. he hasn't done anything in arizona. there was too much hype surrounding a guy who had such a small body of work.
Agreed, but considering what Vick has delivered so far and the fact they could have kept Kolb for a fraction of Vick's contract....

In Philly it was more about moving McNabb out then there being hype of moving Kolb in. Cannot speak for Arizon, but everyone in Philly expected growing pains. Just like they're now sick of Reid, at the time they were also sick of McNabb.

You never know if the new guy is going to turn out to be Aaron Rodgers, or Jamarcus Russell. Gotta let it play out.

And it's also a little early to write off Kolb. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, John Elway...not all were great right from the start.

They can't all be Marino and peak in their rookie year...except perhaps Tim Tebow!

Please don't change what I'm saying...this doesn't mean Kolb is a hall of fame lock...but it also doesn't mean he'll never be good.

Sandra

Agreed, but considering what Vick has delivered so far and the fact they could have kept Kolb for a fraction of Vick's contract....
True. from a business point of view

In Philly it was more about moving McNabb out then there being hype of moving Kolb in. Cannot speak for Arizon, but everyone in Philly expected growing pains. Just like they're now sick of Reid, at the time they were also sick of McNabb.
You never know if the new guy is going to turn out to be Aaron Rodgers, or Jamarcus Russell. Gotta let it play out.
And it's also a little early to write off Kolb. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, John Elway...not all were great right from the start.
They can't all be Marino and peak in their rookie year...except perhaps Tim Tebow!
Please don't change what I'm saying...this doesn't mean Kolb is a hall of fame lock...but it also doesn't mean he'll never be good.
Sandra
true. You make some valid points.I can't say kolb is a bust.there just isn't enough to judge on yet.as far as tebow goes , he doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Marino :D
But I understand what you're saying.Ben was also solid in his rookie season.we have two rookies this season doing very well but that's not the norm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)