This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Jaeger 1224 SMR EL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markrankin

Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
Clarke Orbit
Hello:

I've bought recently this 36V rotor with a 6'' elevation actuator for declinant satellites:

H-2-H Mount Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR (-EL) inkl. Actuator Motor

The rotor connections are OK (wires) but actuator comes with 5 wires connections instead of usual 4. I mean.... instead of Motor+/Motor- and Sensor+/Sensor- it comes with two motor wires (black and brown) and three sensor wires (red, yellow and black).

My VBOX III positioner has at back only 4 connectios, Motor+/Motor- and Sensor+/Sensor- so there's one wire there that I don't know where to connect.

Can anyone help me?.
Thanks in advance:
Marky.

You will only connect the 4 wires to the 4 connections of the AZ motor as shown in the attached photo. Ground / Pulse / Motor / Motor. The EL motor will not be connected.

A standard out of the box VBox III will control the AZ function, but cannot control the EL function. The VBox III might be a candidate for modification. View this thread for modifications performed on the VBox II.

You might consider just adding a second controller for adjusting the EL on the few inclined orbit satellites.

Attachments

• DSCF1838.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 504

Thanks. That's what I'm thinking of but I need to connect a different positioner, not the 4 wires one, because the EL actuator has 5 connections (green/white, red/yellow/black).

I've been reading forums and web pages and I realize that the three wires (red/yellow/black) are 5V,sensor and GND and also I need Vbox with 5V output to control it. So time for buying a new positioner...... or buy a cheap 6'' reed sensor (4 wires) actuator and replace it. I have some doubts about the strenght of a 6'' actuator for this rotor. I mean, it has SUPERJACK II HQ 6'' and I could get a Superjack 6'' reed sensor actuator. Some doubts.

Marky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.