Jaeger 1224 SMR EL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markrankin

Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
Clarke Orbit
Hello:

I've bought recently this 36V rotor with a 6'' elevation actuator for declinant satellites:

H-2-H Mount Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR (-EL) inkl. Actuator Motor

The rotor connections are OK (wires) but actuator comes with 5 wires connections instead of usual 4. I mean.... instead of Motor+/Motor- and Sensor+/Sensor- it comes with two motor wires (black and brown) and three sensor wires (red, yellow and black).

My VBOX III positioner has at back only 4 connectios, Motor+/Motor- and Sensor+/Sensor- so there's one wire there that I don't know where to connect.

Can anyone help me?.
Thanks in advance:
Marky.

You will only connect the 4 wires to the 4 connections of the AZ motor as shown in the attached photo. Ground / Pulse / Motor / Motor. The EL motor will not be connected.

A standard out of the box VBox III will control the AZ function, but cannot control the EL function. The VBox III might be a candidate for modification. View this thread for modifications performed on the VBox II.

You might consider just adding a second controller for adjusting the EL on the few inclined orbit satellites.

Attachments

• DSCF1838.jpg
    DSCF1838.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 496
You will only connect the 4 wires to the 4 connections of the AZ motor as shown in the attached photo. Ground / Pulse / Motor / Motor. The EL motor will not be connected.

A standard out of the box VBox III will control the AZ function, but cannot control the EL function. The VBox III might be a candidate for modification. View this thread for modifications performed on the VBox II.

You might consider just adding a second controller for adjusting the EL on the few inclined orbit satellites.

Thanks. That's what I'm thinking of but I need to connect a different positioner, not the 4 wires one, because the EL actuator has 5 connections (green/white, red/yellow/black).

I've been reading forums and web pages and I realize that the three wires (red/yellow/black) are 5V,sensor and GND and also I need Vbox with 5V output to control it. So time for buying a new positioner...... or buy a cheap 6'' reed sensor (4 wires) actuator and replace it. I have some doubts about the strenght of a 6'' actuator for this rotor. I mean, it has SUPERJACK II HQ 6'' and I could get a Superjack 6'' reed sensor actuator. Some doubts.

Marky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts