Jaeger SMR 1224 Usals ready

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trust

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Nijmegen Netherlands
Last week did some work to modify my SMR 1224 for the use with Usals .
First removed the reedswitch en replaced the magnet wheel for one slot wheel .
Put the optical sensor board at the right place , there is plenty of room in there .
Set the limit switches to 80º E and 75 W making a 155º turn , typically for my location .
Counted the pulses (430) with a separate counter , 2.77 pulses / degree
For Usals it must be approx. 39 pulses / degree so i made a 14 slot wheel (max. 34 mm dia )
Now counting 6050 pulses at 155º arc .
Usals 14 slots optical .JPG

To let it work like a SG2100 , i builded 2 endswitches in the 1224 .
One for the "Zero" point and one endswitch .
In a SG2100 they are above each other , under the SMR1224 cover is hardly space for that version
So I made a smart curve disc that kept the switches at the same level .
The zero switch is closed when the dish is in the east sector , the end-switch (one) works for E and W since the zero switch let the electronic know in wich sector the dish is .
Without these switches you cant use the "Go to reference" function .
Coming from W the rotor stops as soon the zero switch is closed , coming from E , the rotor turns untill the zero switch is open and than turns back till its closed .
Beside the SG circuitboard , there must also build in a relay interface controlled by the M+ and M- motorleads from the SG circuitboard and powered by a external adapter (30-36 V)

Near the SG circuitboard the 2 relays for the 36 V powering
Just have to make a cicuitboard for the 2 relays so they fit together with the main SG board under the cover .

zero end sw.jpg

I'm curious about the behavior of the SG2100 logic. I use a DVBS2 card and MyTheatre. The positioner console in MyTheatre allows you to select a specific number of counts ,1 ~ 60, to move the dish. It does not compute to 39 counts per degree when you use this option though. I was wondering if the SG2100 is determining how far to move or the MyTheatre program determines the actual counts it moves. If you tell your modded motor to move one count at a time, does it take 39 moves for one degree?

I'm curious about the behavior of the SG2100 logic. I use a DVBS2 card and MyTheatre. The positioner console in MyTheatre allows you to select a specific number of counts ,1 ~ 60, to move the dish. It does not compute to 39 counts per degree when you use this option though. I was wondering if the SG2100 is determining how far to move or the MyTheatre program determines the actual counts it moves. If you tell your modded motor to move one count at a time, does it take 39 moves for one degree?
Interesting question , at my MaxDigital 220S and C-Tech HD 5000C (Dr HD F16) receiver I see in the diseqc 1.2 menu Motor Step , 6 options : Continuance and Step 1 till Step 5 .
Just steps , no counts .
I was to busy with Usals to pay attention to those options , tomorrow I will try to count the amount of pulses according to those steps .

Allmost finished this mod and attached temporarily a second optical sensor (allready dismanteled) and counted the pulses by using the Step mode.
Step 1 gives 5 pulses (0.13º) Step 2 gives 9 p (0.23º) Step 3 gives 13 p (0.33º) Step 4 gives 17 p (0.44º) Step 5 gives 21 p (0.54º)

Jeager SMR 1224 Usals.jpg
final.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Static
Status
Please reply by conversation.