Joey 4 and Hopper Plus

Scott, In another thread Bobby said that there was no monthly charge for the Joey 4. I know there is no monthly charge for the Hopper + but is there a monthly charge for the Joey 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
has anyone had problems with the joey 4 after removing the hopper +?
The joey 4 and hopper plus don’t talk to each other, therefore it won’t cause any issues being connected or disconnected with the joey4.
The joey4 has its own operating system and only receives live tv channels and internet from the actual hopper.

What issues are you seeing?

Just unhook the plus after they leave. :)

But with that said the Plus is working rather well now. I use mine all the time now, which is opposite of how it use to be where I wanted to throw it out a window.

I will be getting the Hopper Plus installed this Friday. I had it for Tomorrow, but I am going out of town Tomorrow. I found this kind of odd, though. I called Dish, to see if I could get the 3 Joey Fours also this Friday, and the CSR, told me that I would have to call Dish again, to set up an appointment for those after the install with the Plus. I didn't know if this was usual or unusual. I just thought it was kind of odd, since they would already being here at my house, just to do it all at once.

I will be getting the Hopper Plus installed this Friday. I had it for Tomorrow, but I am going out of town Tomorrow. I found this kind of odd, though. I called Dish, to see if I could get the 3 Joey Fours also this Friday, and the CSR, told me that I would have to call Dish again, to set up an appointment for those after the install with the Plus. I didn't know if this was usual or unusual. I just thought it was kind of odd, since they would already being here at my house, just to do it all at once.
Scott, do you have a Smart TV? Also, do you use the Hopper Plus more than what you would do with the Smart TV??

Yes it’s worth it even without a 4K tv and if you upgrade tv’s in the future you are all set no need to upgrade dish equipment again.

Yeah, as long as it has an HDMI input, it'll work
Thank You. I'm coming to a very strong conclusion, that the CSRS at Dish, know nothing about the equipment when asked. You guys on this website, are so much more knowledgeable about the equipment. I know if I any questions, I know I will get answers quickly. Much Appreciated. Thanks

Thank You. I'm coming to a very strong conclusion, that the CSRS at Dish, know nothing about the equipment when asked. You guys on this website, are so much more knowledgeable about the equipment. I know if I any questions, I know I will get answers quickly. Much Appreciated. Thanks
Off shore are pretty much clueless
The US Based CSRs are on top of things

I just got done trying to upgrade from my 4K Joey, and the two Joey 2.0. According to the CSR, if I would upgrade all 3 to Joey 4s, it would cost me 150.00. Now, she did mention, that if I would upgrade to 3 Wireless Joey's, it would cost me to upgrade to just 45.00. She called them WIFI Joeys. I looked on dish.com, and yes they have WIFI Joeys, and Joey 2.0 or Joey 4. I am thinking, that it would have been the Wireless Joey's 2.0, that is why it was cheaper to upgrade, which really it wouldn't be an upgrade, with the same equipment. She said, that the WIFI Joeys are compatible. And, yes she was an off shore Rep. She did understand her, but she quoted me two different prices, one really expensive to upgrade to the Joey 4s, or 45.00 with what she called the WIF Joeys.

I just got done trying to upgrade from my 4K Joey, and the two Joey 2.0. According to the CSR, if I would upgrade all 3 to Joey 4s, it would cost me 150.00. Now, she did mention, that if I would upgrade to 3 Wireless Joey's, it would cost me to upgrade to just 45.00. She called them WIFI Joeys. I looked on dish.com, and yes they have WIFI Joeys, and Joey 2.0 or Joey 4. I am thinking, that it would have been the Wireless Joey's 2.0, that is why it was cheaper to upgrade, which really it wouldn't be an upgrade, with the same equipment. She said, that the WIFI Joeys are compatible. And, yes she was an off shore Rep. She did understand her, but she quoted me two different prices, one really expensive to upgrade to the Joey 4s, or 45.00 with what she called the WIF Joeys.
I did understand her, but she had a strong foreign accent.