Joey 4K/2.0

Yes, I still have Joey 2.0s. I wish I had Joey 3s, or I wish my Joey 2.0s were as snappy as my old Tivo Minis, which they should be in theory, given the hardware involved.

I still have a Joey2 in my bedroom. So far it is plenty fast. If it quits I will replace it with a Joey3.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thanks for the clarification. But what's the point of releasing a Joey 3 that doesn't support 4K?
Also, which is faster, the Joey 3 or the 4K Joey?
The Joey 3 is much faster than the Joey 1 & 2. It also will be able to utilize future compession techniques for ATSC 3. So, the Joey 3 is a replacement for the 1 & 2. The 4K Joey is for 4K and also will have full utilization of ATSC 3.

Thanks for the clarification. But what's the point of releasing a Joey 3 that doesn't support 4K?
Also, which is faster, the Joey 3 or the 4K Joey?
What was the point of releasing Joey 1,2 or 3? 4K Joey has a specific place in DISH'S marketing when did they make you part of their marketing dept. The 4K Joey must be faster because the Joey 3 can't do it's job.

Reactions: pattykay
What was the point of releasing Joey 1,2 or 3? 4K Joey has a specific place in DISH'S marketing when did they make you part of their marketing dept. The 4K Joey must be faster because the Joey 3 can't do it's job.
Well Joey 1's came out in 2012?? Joey 2's in 2015. Joey 3's in 2017. 4K in 2016. The REAL question is, why are they STILL selling Joey 1's and Hopper 2000's? (I had an H2K, 2 Joey 1's install today that I modified to HWS and Joey 2's) Maybe if Dish reduced the junk, they could focus on the software issues instead of trying to optimize it for 4 different Hoppers

Well Joey 1's came out in 2012?? Joey 2's in 2015. Joey 3's in 2017. 4K in 2016. The REAL question is, why are they STILL selling Joey 1's and Hopper 2000's? (I had an H2K, 2 Joey 1's install today that I modified to HWS and Joey 2's) Maybe if Dish reduced the junk, they could focus on the software issues instead of trying to optimize it for 4 different Hoppers
Yes the KISS method should always be used in business.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Agreed

"when did they make you part of their marketing dept."
Seems to me to be a bit of an hostile statement but to answer your question, there isn't a 4K Hopper, is there? There's just the 4K capable Hopper 3 and all the non-4K older models. So to me it would make sense for every new Joey model, including the Joey 3, to be 4K capable. After all, what's the point of releasing new models that don't support current tech? Have you shopped around for a new TV lately? They're all 4K now.

Seems to me to be a bit of an hostile statement but to answer your question, there isn't a 4K Hopper, is there? There's just the 4K capable Hopper 3 and all the non-4K older models. So to me it would make sense for every new Joey model, including the Joey 3, to be 4K capable. After all, what's the point of releasing new models that don't support current tech? Have you shopped around for a new TV lately? They're all 4K now.
Because 4K programming is so limited still - yet another one of life's mysteries

Reactions: navychop
Remember that the 4K Joey could not do HDR so the olympics would not work on them. I would guess that Future 4K programs would include HDR and thus the 4K Joey would not work. Dish needs to develop a Joey that will do 4K HDR or they will be repeat the fiasco that happened with the olympics.

No DISH needs to make it work the way my 4k bluray player works. When you play a 4k disc you get a message when you start that the experience would be better if your TV did HDR and then it plays in 4k without HDR

No DISH needs to make it work the way my 4k bluray player works. When you play a 4k disc you get a message when you start that the experience would be better if your TV did HDR and then it plays in 4k without HDR

That is the way I thought it should work. Just like Dolby surround sound. If you have the correct audio equipment you get Dolby 5.1; otherwise you get stereo.
But the way the Olympic broadcast was encoded, this was not possible. I suspect that future international programs will be encoded that way. I believe that Direct TV had 2 separate broadcasts of the olympics. One channel with HDR and one without HDR.

By that logic, the Hopper Duo also should have supported 4K. :) :clapclap

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts