Joey 4K/2.0

It depends on what you record. If you mostly record from the four major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) then the Hopper Duo does support recording those four channels on one tuner, just like the other Hoppers. I have not seen a cable company DVR from the early 2000s that can do that. The Hopper Duo simply lacks the automatic recording of PTAT and AutoHop that the other Hoppers have.
Is the Wally capable of recording the four broadcast networks with one tuner?
And can it do that 24/7 or only during primetime hours?

If someone here could forward a suggestion to Dish for me I'd appreciate it.
My suggestion is to make the Hopper Duo compatible with RV dishes sometime in the near future.
It seems to me that only three changes would be needed.
1) modify the software on the Hopper Duo to support and control RV dishes.
2) introduce what I would call the "Travel Node" with two input ports for the feeds from the RV dish, one output port for the Hopper Duo, and a client port for a Joey. Four ports total. This device would allow most dual-output RV dishes on the market today to support the Hopper Duo and one Joey.
3) change account policy to allow a Hopper at home alongside a Hopper Duo for RV use in place of the two Wally receivers currently allowed for this purpose.
Thanks

Can someone please remind me how I can hook up one Hopper 3 and two Wally receivers with the DPH42 switch at home?
The way that I am aware of doing this involves using a DPP44 switch cascaded to the DPH42 switch. Then, the Wally receivers get connected to the outputs from the DPP44, and the Hopper 3 gets connected to the DPH42. I am sure someone will come up with a simpler solution and post it here, though.

The way that I am aware of doing this involves using a DPP44 switch cascaded to the DPH42 switch. Then, the Wally receivers get connected to the outputs from the DPP44, and the Hopper 3 gets connected to the DPH42. I am sure someone will come up with a simpler solution and post it here, though.
It was the DPP44 I had forgotten about. Thanks for that.
This can all be connected to a DPP LNB, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts