Joey 4K and 4K Programming?

I also had this same problem with the 4K Joey not showing channel 540, but the hopper 3 did. Called dish and spent an hour on the phone with support/tech support - couldn’t figure it out. They are now sending out a new Joey.

If anyone finds a fix please post it!!
Can you let us know as soon as possible if the replacement 4K Joey fixes your issue? I have same problem for my two 4K Joeys and after extensive troubleshooting with a super CSR, could not get them to show channel 147-05 & 540 in the guide. A DISH technician is scheduled for a visit. If your replacement 4K Joey does not fix the issue I will cancel the appointment. It appears there is not any 4K Joeys showing the channels in the guide.

I would suspect a new Joey is not going to change anything. Can you see that channel if you switch your guide to All Channels and/or add it to a favorites list?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I would suspect a new Joey is not going to change anything. Can you see that channel if you switch your guide to All Channels and/or add it to a favorites list?
I switched to All Channels and All Unsubscribed and still do not see the channels. We don't use Favorites so rather not try that. I don't want a Favorites setting get stuck there and cannot delete it.

If it turns out that a 4K Joey can not display 4K HDR content Dish is going to have a lot of upset customers. What is strange is that their customer service is still claiming that the 4K Joey should work and are scheduling technician appointments. What is strange to me is that the 4K Joey guide does not display the channels. It will be interesting to find out what is happening. Dish should have tested this prior to the Olympics.

If your TV is not HDR ready. And the 4K joey is not currently HDR ready. This will not prevent you from watching 4K video. If it's a 4K tv. The 4K HDR program will just be plain 4K. On a 4K TV that is HDR compatible. If you hit the (TV info) button while the HDR programing is playing. You will see the HDR symbol next to the resolution. If the device is not HDR compliant. You will just see the resolution. Something like 2160P. To be honest most people. Maybe not the ones on this site. But HDR has settings and tweaks in your set to make the most of it. If like most people you opened your TV. Played with the contrast and brightness. You aren't getting what you paid for anyway. Those interested. Google your specific set. Something like: Best HDR settings for Samsung KS8500. You will be amazed. Good luck

If it turns out that a 4K Joey can not display 4K HDR content Dish is going to have a lot of upset customers. What is strange is that their customer service is still claiming that the 4K Joey should work and are scheduling technician appointments. What is strange to me is that the 4K Joey guide does not display the channels. It will be interesting to find out what is happening. Dish should have tested this prior to the Olympics.
Yep, really sad about the CSRs in the dark. Yesterday I had a real sharp CSR from Arizona. She took me thru several troubleshooting steps with my 4K Joeys and was very adamant that the 4K Joeys should have both channels in the guide. She said the troubleshooting led her down the path to replacing the 4K Joey. But due to both my 4K Joeys were not showing the channels she thought maybe something wrong with my Hopper 3 / Joey system. Maybe something went haywire. Surely DISH tested the 4K Joeys would have known of the issues and briefed all the CSRs.

Reactions: JSheridan
The only Dish CSRs I have any confidence in are DIRT. In a pinch I'll contact them on facebook (same department as DIRT) or online chat. I haven't called DISH on the phone in probably over 10 years, this current discussion only reinforces that opinion.

I believe that part of the issue here was DISH was only given about two weeks with a signal to test from.

This signal was much different than the 4K signal NBC gave them last time.

I believe that part of the issue here was DISH was only given about two weeks with a signal to test from.

This signal was much different than the 4K signal NBC gave them last time.
Thanks Scott. But I wonder why the CSRs aren't informed. They are sending out replacement 4K Joeys and technicians to troubleshoot.

Here's the answer from DIRT, not a CSR. Matt G ("Speedy") posted on Dish forum:
"4K Joeys are not able to see the 4K content that NBC is producing but the Hopper 3 still can. This is because the 4K Joey is not HDR-compatible."

Yeah, what the heck was Dish doing when these channels were still in test mode? Does Dish not test these channels on the same equipment that the end-user would have?

Here's the answer from DIRT, not a CSR. Matt G ("Speedy") posted on Dish forum:
"4K Joeys are not able to see the 4K content that NBC is producing but the Hopper 3 still can. This is because the 4K Joey is not HDR-compatible."
The H3 will not see it either if your 4k TV doesn't do HDR so basically no 4k to view unless I would buy a new TV which is not going to happen.

I wasn't told anything about HDR, but I was told adding the channel on the 4K Joey causes a problem, and that is why the channel was not being added to the 4K Joey. I have the channel on my Hopper3, but it is not displaying on my 4K monitor. I am not sure if my 4K monitor has HDR. I even got LG technical support on the phone with Dish technical support. It was still no go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)