Joey compatibility with Previous Hoppers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
The Joey 2 and Joey 3 should work with the Hopper 2, Hopper with Sling, and the Hopper 3.

So I don’t know why the dishdepot web site states that the Dish Joey 2 and the Dish Joey 3 works with the Dish Hopper 3 only. Will not work with previous Hopper models.

The Dish Joey 1 and the wireless Joey do not state any restrictions.

Did Mark make a mistake on his web site or is Dish refusing to authorize a Joey 2 or Joey 3 on the older Hopper receivers? I am curious.

Joey 2 is fine with a Hopper 1. I haven't used a Joey 1 in over a year. I refuse to carry them.

The Joey 2 and Joey 3 should work with the Hopper 2, Hopper with Sling, and the Hopper 3.

So I don’t know why the dishdepot web site states that the Dish Joey 2 and the Dish Joey 3 works with the Dish Hopper 3 only. Will not work with previous Hopper models.

The Dish Joey 1 and the wireless Joey do not state any restrictions.

Did Mark make a mistake on his web site or is Dish refusing to authorize a Joey 2 or Joey 3 on the older Hopper receivers? I am curious.
He had to have made a mistake. Obviously Joey 2's work with all Hopper's and the Joey 3 specs indicate they will also work with all hoppers. Interestingly, he's still selling Joey 1's, and for the same price as the Joey 2's and 3's.

As
I don't believe this is accurate. The Joey 3 specifications indicate compatibility with all Hopper versions.

As JSheridan stated, I posted DISH's current recommended Joey usage guidelines. Technically speaking, the Joey 1, 2 and 3 will work with all Hoppers, some better than others. That said, I'd be curious to see how much better a Joey 3 performs than a Joey 1 when linked to an H1.

Reactions: JSheridan
As

As JSheridan stated, I posted DISH's current recommended Joey usage guidelines. Technically speaking, the Joey 1, 2 and 3 will work with all Hoppers, some better than others. That said, I'd be curious to see how much better a Joey 3 performs than a Joey 1 when linked to an H1.
I don't know about a 3, but a Joey 2 is way better on an H1 than a Joey 1 is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)